Granny needs your help.

Discussion in 'General' started by Storm Crow, Mar 2, 2020.

1. I have the new List as ready as it's going to get. I have the intro letter written, but I know that people are blind to their own mistakes. I'm expecting a LOT more people wanting my List because of the recent High times article.

So could you take a look at my intro and see if I misspelled anything, screwed up a verb tense or whatever. Or even just read through it and tell me if you think it's OK, or not. I know it's long, but there's a lot to say.

First of all, I want to thank all of you who sent condolences after my husband’s passing in January 2019. Your messages of love were like stars of light in a very dark time. They helped me find my way back to “being me” after being overwhelmed with grief.

I’ve had some sweet little emotional highs recently, like making an old-fashioned “Sun Bonnet Sue” quilt for my friend’s new baby girl. But I must admit that the latest “high” was wonderfully and absolutely mind-blowing for me!

I’m in “High Times” magazine! Higher Profile: Granny Storm Crow, Grass Roots Advocate

The author, Sharon Letts, and I had met briefly, years ago. We reconnected via email, “hit it off” again, and the article happened.

So between quilting and “life, the universe and everything”, once again, I got started late on checking the thousands of links in my List. I was able to properly edit “only” a little over 2000 pages- the current studies section, plus the repeats of those studies that are in other sections.

You’ll know which ones have been checked- they now show the names of countries after the study’s title. Most new studies now list the institutes that the scientists are affiliated with, so I’ve added their countries. It’s not all Israel, Canada and the US doing the majority of studies any more. There are some surprising “new players” in the world of cannabinoid research, Brazil is one example. When possible, I am also including links to the studies in other languages.

But I want you to see what I see- that whether as a medicine, an industrial crop, a promising food source, or a safer intoxicant – all the nations that legally can, are researching cannabis. Endocannabinoid system research is basically found world-wide, since all humans and higher animals have an endocannabinoid system. I find it hopeful that scientists, whose countries may be old enemies, or new political rivals, can be “adult” enough put aside their differences sufficiently to create coherent, scientific documents that benefit their various countries, and the scientific world as a whole.

Meanwhile, far too many of our politicians can’t agree on even “common sense” matters! Throughout 2019, various polls noted that about two-thirds of the American public wants cannabis legalized. Are our politicians listening? And that’s all I’m saying about politics, except, “PLEASE VOTE WISELY!

(A little very stoned musing- Is cannabis “the tree of Life that is for the healing of nations”? Will medical patients, “stoners”, scientists and researchers be the ones to start the dialogs we need to keep our world’s ecology from falling apart? Could cannabis research become a friendly “space race” with a more cooperative goal of healing the earth and its people?)

Back to the List- you may note that some of the abstracts now have two URLs. Not all abstracts are created equal. More information is a good thing, so, two sources. And speaking of information, the List is meant to be shared, so share it with your friends (and maybe your doctor?). It just takes a moment to forward the whole thing!

As usual, I have divided up the List into sections. Once you open a link, on the left-hand side there should be a tool bar with a little ribbon-shaped icon, "bookmarks", click it for get the navigation
    index. Once that’s up, just scroll down the subjects to see what’s there. Cannabis may not cure the common cold, but it certainly has a lot of possible uses!

Section 1 is mostly news articles with a small “Beginner’s section” and a mini-dictionary to get you started. If you are new, or returning to cannabis, this is where to start your education. The last decade has brought changes in how cannabis is used, as well as new discoveries in medical uses and the workings of the endocannabinoid system.

You might want to copy the little dictionary and make a hard copy of it. I double spaced it so you would have room to add a few definitions of your own. Learning the new words is half the battle of understanding a study. When I was first learning about all this, I kept a second window open just to look up the words that were new to me.

#1 link

Section 2 is the largest section filled with all the current studies from 2015 to 2020. Besides the newest studies, occasionally, you will find studies far older than 2015, but only in a few special interest areas such as the “Cultivation” or the “History” subsections. “Methods of Use” highlights the many ways to use cannabis, and has recipes for edibles, tinctures and topicals.

#2 link

Section 3 starts with recent studies dated 2010 to 2014. These studies aren’t that old, so don’t ignore them! The section then continues with the Phytocannabinoid studies which should be of interest to many. There is a lot more to cannabis than “just” THC and CBD!

#3 link

Section 4 contains studies dated 2009 and earlier. The older studies of the 1970s to 1990s often explore those basic questions (“Does cannabis go bad?”, “How long to hold a hit”, etc.). Then there are some prime examples of “Reefer Madness” from the 1930s, but also studies predating cannabis prohibition (and its bias), including a number of 1800s British case studies. Personally, I really enjoy the very old studies.

#4 link

Section 5 details the workings of the endocannabinoid system. Anandamide, 2-AG, and CB1 and CB2 receptors are just the start! The endocannabinoid system is involved with just about everything your body and mind do! A damaged or dysregulated endocannabinoid system is noted in many diseases and obesity. The study of the endocannabinoid system is the future of medicine!

#5 link

I have tried to provide all of you with the medical, sociological, and historical sources you will need to learn more about cannabis and how the cannabinoids affect us.

One last word of caution, are all the studies in my List “pro-cannabis”? The answer is “no”. Nothing in this world is 100% safe, or good, and there are some situations when cannabis should be avoided. Yet, that is no excuse for decades of lies and punishments for cannabis use that our governments have inflicted on us. It’s 2020, time to see our way to legalization, and share the truth about cannabis. And like my grandfather once said,” If the truth won’t do, then something is wrong!”

Thank you all in advance for the feedback!

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Very well written!! Thank you for your tireless work and energy spent to inform us all!!! Much love to you!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you for doing what you do, Granny!

For what it's worth, I noticed that you have opening quotations around "PLEASE VOTE WISELY, but no closing quotations.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Granny u are so informative!!! May I ask if u get high alot like most of us? The reason I'm asking, is I can never keep my attention span up to be able to read or even attempt to do what u do!!! I mean that in a very positive way!! U are amazing!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks so much for all you do Granny! Kudos on the High Times article.
    I found four things you might want to review.
    May God bless you and keep you- especially in these uncertain times.
    Shalom.

:)3rd paragraph above ‘#1 Link.’ Paragraph begins with, “As usual I have divided....”
    2nd line reads, “click it for get the navigation...”

:)Links were confusing at first. Perhaps “Section 1 Link” rather than ‘#1link.’

:)Section 2, line 2
    No comma is needed after ‘occasionally.’

:)Section 4, line 3 ‘dysregulate’
    You might want to define this. I had to look it up; thought word might be misspelled. Learned something new from you, again!
    :Love-Plant:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. @Papa Puff, yes, I get high a LOT! I usually don't "wake and bake" I like to wait an hour or so to let my thyroid pill cut in. (They are the only pharmaceutical I take - thyroid insufficiency just runs in my dad's side of the family.)

But after an hour, I usually fill my little glass pipe with a nice bunch of home-grown "Orange Bastard" (some "Agent Orange" bag seed) topped off with some water hash! I smoke anywhere between 3 to 8 pipe-fulls/ vape-fulls a day, but normally about 4 or 5. Just depends on my level of stress, or celebration. But between an almost obscenely high IQ (145 as a kid- taken when I was recovering from the flu :coolalt: ) and some minor brain damage, my brain is far from typical.

Today I am celebrating getting the List all ready to be sent out, and there is a pre-rolled of "Blissful Wizard" (3/4 gram, 185 mg THC) waiting to be lit later today. The one of the guys at the Green Heart tried smoking a whole joint of it at home and couldn't finish it. But I'm going shopping soon, and shopping while stoned is just as bad as shopping while hungry! So it will wait. lol

Yesterday evening, I had one of the BW joints stretched out over a few hours to get me in the mood to write the intro- it was GOOD! A whole joint in one sitting ought to be fun! :GettingStoned: (I might even get started on writing some articles I have in mind.) There is a certain level of "highness" where the words just flow on to the screen and my only problem is keeping up with typing what my brain is producing (which is why I need a proof-reader)!

Honestly, I can get "too high" to read studies, but I am "pleasantly high" when I read most of them.

@ Kwince, the "#1link" etc will be replaced with the actual links - those are just the "place holders" until my son does the drop box links for me tonight. (Like many people my age, my computer skills are rather limited, but my son really knows his computers). And I'll do a bit of re-writing to make things clearer. My late husband used to do the proof-reading for me, but he's gone now, and my sons aren't really writers, so they wouldn't spot the errors. So I really appreciate the help.

OK, my son just got back from work, so I can have the car and go shopping. Thank you one and all all for your help!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Kudos Granny U Goooooo

8. Hey Granny,
    First I must tell you how jealous I am of your smoke; sounds yummy and I’m in a bit of a dry spell.

You are such a talented researcher and writer! Still felt kind of weird to suggest corrections, even though you asked and I’ve proofed my fair share of papers. Used to teach English, lol. It’s kind of neat that you asked GC members to proof; so sorry your husband is gone now and you must outsource the job. Hopefully we have all helped. You have worked so hard and helped so many! We should all be as productive.
    Looking forward to the High Times article! Stay healthy.

PS. Hi Papa!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Granny you know I got unlimited respect for all you do on here big sis ILY. Thanks for the info an list Storm its great work honestly.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey there