Granny needs your help

Discussion in 'General' started by Storm Crow, Aug 9, 2013.

1. #1 Storm Crow, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
    OK, I just about have the July 2013 List whipped into shape! I would like your opinions on this rough draft of the new introduction! Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I'm a tough old bird!

[SIZE=12pt]Well, it has finally happened! The List is too darn big for some e-mail accounts to handle.  [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]So I have divided the List into 4 parts- The "Natural Cannabinoids and Conditions" is the largest part, and will be of the most use to the majority of you since it contains the more recent studies.  A few older, but useful, topics appear in this section, such as “Storage” and “History”. Topics that have “Pre- 2000 Studies” are marked with an asterisk, (ASTHMA*), to alert you that older studies do exist.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The studies in the "Synthetics" will be of more interest to those in the medical professions.  However, when a synthetic compound is useful for a certain condition, the study will be added in that section in the "Natural Cannabinoids and Conditions", as well as in the "Synthetics”.  While “The Endocannabinoid System” provides an overview of how the cannabinoids affect virtually all of our body's functions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Cannabinoid studies are coming out at an ever increasing rate, and frankly, it was getting hard to navigate through all those studies. The List has to change with the times![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]And the times are changing! Two states have legalized cannabis, and others are considering it! At no time, since before the 1930s, have so many people supported medical use of cannabis! CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta has publicly changed his stance on cannabis and admitted to having tried it! And that same week, CNN ran a story about a child finding relief from severe epilepsy with a “high CBD” cannabis extract. The facts about cannabis being a safe and effective medicine for many conditions are slowly trickling into the mainstream media! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]We can speed up that trickle of information! The medical facts about cannabis speak for themselves, but it is up to us to get those facts into the public eye! Each one of you knows someone who could benefit from the information in this List, a relative, a friend, or co-worker. It takes only a moment to forward the List. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Your doctor, unless he is the exception, has not educated himself about cannabis. Send him a few abstracts to get his interest! (The Post Office delivers mail without a return address- you can stay anonymous!) And our politicians are worst of all! One activist described talking with our politicians as like “talking to teenagers who had never heard of cannabis”! That they are so ignorant about even the most basic facts about cannabis, and yet are in charge of making our laws on it, is mind-boggling! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]We have the facts on our side. All we need to do is speak the truth clearly, and repeatedly, until cannabis is fully legalized! The prohibitionists have spread their lies for the last three quarters of a century, but their lies cannot stand up to the truth that we possess. And as my Grandfather said, “If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!”[/SIZE]

OK, spelling errors, grammar mistakes, awkward sentences, or you just don't like a part! Have at it!

Granny

2. Yeah state level doing let mafias set up shop like they did in az.

The fedrel government wel never legalize weed. They snort oil, smoke spice, and rest big macs

If they do smoke herb its gmo hydro and blessed by the pope

Grow it,love it juice the leaves and give it.to people.

State level we got some chance yo

Whenever u need help

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. well done! i wish you were my P.O.
    i have a question though, my friend is an edibles manager at a club and he told me that edibles can have harmful effects on kidneys. is that true??

4. I'm not stable financially. Sorry I can't help

5. I believe that is false. Edibles have never been linked to harmful kidney effects or kidney failure.

6. @[member="Stonefry"] I can find no studies or even news articles on natural cannabis edibles causing kidney problems.  You might ask BadKittySmiles, edibles are her area of expertise! There are a few studies on phytocannabinoids, like THC and CBD, being protective of the kidneys in certain conditions-

Cannabidiol Attenuates Cisplatin-Induced Nephrotoxicity by Decreasing Oxidative/Nitrosative Stress, Inflammation, and Cell Death         (full – 2011)   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2682269/

Is there a legitimate role for the therapeutic use of cannabinoids for symptom management in chronic kidney disease?       (abst – 2011)   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21269798
    \nHowever there have been several stories and studies on this as a cause of kidney damage-

[SIZE=10pt]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/02/130208124553.htm[/SIZE]

Perhaps he heard a garbled version of that story?

Granny

7. Wow, you seem like a proper activist that knows her shizz, I read a post you made the other day on being a activist and how the more of us there are the quicker the law should be reformed. Stuff the trickle I say open the flood gates. I was going to get involved with norml-uk. As in all fairness we are just the flock (britan) and America is our Shepard. I would be all for britan following America with this one!

I have first hand experience of how it can heal, after starting to smoke it regularly I noticed my asthma disappear, now I had it for years and its all cleared up, now if you can't call a plant that can assist in the healing of asthma a miracle to Medicine, then you shouldn't be in that field.

8. i don't completely remember how he explained it but he heard it from another vendor. i think it's something to do with our kidneys can't handle the really potent ones or something. idk anything about kidneys, so thats why i asked.

anyways I'm 1000% percent with you tho. if stoners got seriously organized to protest like gay people did or that occupy wall street then we will have it legal by now.

9. lol finally they have opened their eyes!
    "Oh cannabis wasnt so bad afterall, it can actually help" DUHHH TOLD YA! suddenly everyone supports MJ culture, these goddamn white capitalistic hypocrites

10. we're on the same mission. keep it up granny youre one hell of a badass keep the movement alive! :smoke:

11. Do you have your copy of my List? Having all those studies at your fingertips makes replying to (read "shooting down" :devious: ) prohibitionists SO much easier! All anyone has to do to get a free PDF is to drop me an email (bottom of my sig), or PM me their email address!

Since the List comes as an attachment, it is simple to forward it to your friends! Patients, activists, medical professionals, students and those who just love cannabis, will find the List to be useful. The more people who learn about what cannabis can do for them (besides get you high :smoke:  ), the sooner we get cannabis totally legalized!

Why do I think that my List will help legalize cannabis? Who in their right mind would be against free access to a easy to grow herb that does this?

[SIZE=10pt]“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”[/SIZE]

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)
    http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

The study that is based on-

A Molecular Link between the Active Component of Marijuana and Alzheimer's Disease Pathology      (full - 2006)        http://www.ukcia.org/research/AlzheimersDiseasePathology.pdf

The List is bouncing around to activists and stoners all over the world! :yay:  I've sent free PDFs to Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, England, Wales, Scotland, Sweden, Denmark, Brazil, the Dominican Republic, Latvia, the Czech Republic, Canada, South Africa, Russia, and I few more I can't remember for some reason right now! ( :smoke: ) I am hoping that this is the year the List goes "viral"! Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious! (Who will take Aricept is they can grow pot?  :confused_2: )

So get a copy, already! :yay:

Granny

12. Thank you for this info! Had someone recently argue this with me and I was too lazy to find the already easy to find info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. are you a real granny i need to know

16. Yes she's everyone's granny on GC, you aint even know

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app