Granddaddy Purple - First grow. CFL - Pictures

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SmokeweedRNN, Feb 27, 2011.

1. #1 SmokeweedRNN, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
    Hello grass city. Im starting my grow journal kinda late, i apologize for that. But i figured its my first grow and i might as well.

My plant is currently exactly 3 weeks old. Its been out of soil for 18 days, as it took 3 days to break ground. Ive had a fantastic time growing this plant. For the room its my closet, ive taken the sides for computers and put reflective Mylar to create a smaller more light reflective environment.

Temp - Ive had a hard time keeping temp at 80, but now ive got it pretty mastered. Today its at 78 which is perfect as far as ive heard. Humidity have no clue, but i keep a mason jar full of water near the plant to keep humidity higher. Once i start flowering i will get rid of that. My house is quite dry and i live in Canada, and its winter so its a pretty dry environment.

Water - I water her every 4-5 days. Usually 4 but if its still a bit damp i will wait til she gets nice and thirsty. Im using tap water that sits out for at least 50 hours to let the chemicals evaporate.

Ventilation - One fan that i keep on 20 hours a day, and a computer fan wired to a cell phone charger i keep 24 hours a day. The plant always has the computer fan blowing on it, and the bigger fan i sometimes aim on the plant, but usually im just circulating the air.

Soil - 100% sterilized organic soil, to be honest oi forget the brand but its similar to fox farm's soil mix. The ingredients were peat moss, humus, and a few other fully organic sources. I also mixed a little bag of worm castings into the bot when i transplanted for extra natural organic nutrients.

Ferts - So far my beautiful lady hasn't had any ferts. Im starting ferts tomorrow (monday feb 28th.) Im still not 100% sure what fert to use, but i will update tomorrow, or tuesday, when i get some nute's into her. Any suggestions would be GREAT. (i am on a smallish budget though)

Lights (all CFL) - two 30 watt 6500K bulbs hanging with a y divider, one 13 watt 5000k bulb, and two 13 w 2700k cfl.

Strain - I used granddaddy purple for this grow. Please note the seed WAS bag seed. I wasnt expecting the plant to grow. But im glad i planted it. Its been a great learning experience.

PH - As i wasn't expecting the seed to grow, i havnt bought a PH checker, however the plant shows no signs of PH problems as far as i know. And i will buy a PH checker very soon.

Heres a couple pictures i took 5 minutes ago, and also a picture of when it started sprouting.

S6300286.jpg

S6300283.jpg

S6300185.jpg

Updates soon, thanks for reading, ill try to answer any questions!

2. heres some more pictures.. one shows my fan above the plant supplying air, one shows the lighting setup, and one shows the healthy plant growth.

It does smell like weed alot, is that normal at 3 weeks? i mean stinky! smells like i just bunned a sesh in that closet every time i open it haha!

S6300289.jpg

S6300291.jpg

S6300288.jpg