Grams per Watt question.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by nick2bad4u, Jul 21, 2011.

1. How many grams per watt is normal for a grower, whats the average amount and whats the most you have seen people pull?

My last harvest I pulled about a 1 gram per watt Exactly, so how are you grows looking? (Also my last harvest was under fluroros)

2. If you veg for a year, how would your "grams per watt" matter to anyone? It is a retarded measurement without a time stamp.

I know you see folks writing books with that stuff in it, but it does not make it any kind of science at all. Mainly used by folks to sound smart and brag. Can't be used for anything real.

100% useless.

3. Grams per watt does not mean much without knowing the time factor. A 0.5 GPW harvest in two months is far superior to 1.0 GPW harvest done in 6 months.

Also many people only use the bulb wattage for calculations. For an accurate measurement the entire setup must be considered.

4. :eek::eek::eek:....1 gram per watt UNDER FLUORESCENTS ???? :eek::eek::eek:

...pictures or it didn't happen! :cool:

EDIT: ....maybe you put it on the scale wet? :confused_2:

5. Rumple - you beat me by mere seconds! :mad:

6. I am talking about a normal veg time (2-4 weeks) and a 8 week flowering period. Pictures of my harvest? Okay one second.

[​IMG]

This is 1 of 3 drying racks, from my plants. 4 plants yielded around 4.75 ounces under about 125 watts of light.

Strain was aurora indica and you don't believe me I don't care lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I caught a fish thissssssssssssss big
    [​IMG]

8. gm's/per watt is a fair indication of weather or not u CAN GROW..!! (time frame aside..!!)
    if you cant pulling .5 to a watt.... GO read some basic horticulture book's i rekon :)

9. doable!!!!!

10. Lol, I have to side with Rumple, GPW is a measurement for retards and braggers. Has nothing to do with your grow skill and if you think it does you know nothing about growing.

No one has a standard veg time or flowering time (the most basic lesson for anyone who has grown more then one crop).

Rumple I love that picture of the bragger/exaggerator! You won't catch me doing that, I am way to humble. I love your harvest pictures Rumple (you want to see real pitcures, click on his sig). Nothing like a good HID harvest (as you can see)