Grammar nazi

Discussion in 'General' started by SloToke, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Math Nazi
    :D

2. Sorry, I thought that absolute values were implied when I said to think of it like a number line.

3. fuck if i care

4. Yeah, what he said... As long as I can read it and get what the person is saying I don't care.

5. #65 the color green, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    I'm more of a spelling nazi than a grammar nazi, and the fact that you used the wrong "capital/capitol" frustrates me

6. fuck god dammit

7. How a lot of people seem to confuse grammar with spelling.

8. exactly

9. #70 hendrix, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    i hate when people say u instead of you. but then again i say there instead of they're sometimes cause (and yeah i say cause) im (and yeah i dont put the apostrophe in i'm and don't) too lazy. so i cant correct other peoples (there i did it again) slepping and/or grammar.

edit: and i dont capitalize my I when i need to

but what annoys me is how people cant tell the difference between grammar and orthography

10. Grammar/Spelling Nazi does not have the same ring to it.

11. Got me. That actually frustrates me as well.

12. hey dats me fix ur grammerz

13. I hate people who use a preposition to finish a sentence up with.

14. don't know if this had been said... but spelling plural words with an apostrophe s.
    example: the picture was filled with colour's. *head explodes*

15. When people get their and there mixed oh and right and write.

16. ...or when people do not know how to use "to" and "too" while writing

Im an English teacher in Madrid right now so I have to be a grammar nazi. Besides, I get paid to do it. For a lot of people its the only language they know how to use/speak. So why slaughter the language?

17. for all intensive purposes

18. Googles for goggles

19. Haha, yea that one is bad.

I don't usually call somebody out on their horrible grammar unless it's too funny not to or unless they are calling somebody else out.

I hate when people use the word irregardless - just say regardless goddamnit.