Gr0wers 70w ScrOG box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by gr0wer, Nov 26, 2003.

1. The baby mom's at day 5 :D

Attached Files:

2. Here's a sketch of how i designed the carbon scrubber box.

Attached Files:

3. Lovely:D

i cant wait to see this grow get started:D

4. Progress uptade. I tied the 2 plants yesterday and there showing good lower growth. The growth rate has slowed a bit so im going to be transplaning them into there final 5"square continers in a day or two.

For the cab, I built the movable reflector out of a floro fixture reflector, its going to hang from chains. Its made of a chrome piece of sheetmetal. Im not sure how well this reflects light compared to mylar but the bulb is going to be 1/4 below the center so i wouldnt want mylar to burn and catch on fire or melt.

I decided that im going hydro, ebb and flow with growrocks and 25% coco coir. the coco coir will allow me to have the system on only 2 times a day, once when the lights come on and then 6-8 hours after that. The I already bought the pump and its a small "zoo med submersible Micro Pump 104 that pumps 35-70 gph" It will be pumping around 10", comrparing it to other similar sized pumps it should pump around 40 gph.

Attached Files:

5. how does that setup work? how does it fill and drain... it looks like a pot in a res, more like a wich system to me.... or is that just a temp setup?

6. Thats the mom wick setup i made its the compost verm mix with cotton wicks and thats in the black continer that raises the pot so teh wicks hang down into the water. I water into the pot and let the runoff fill the tank. Ive talked with a person on OG and he had problems with salt buildup with the wick moms so he just flushed once a week. Its great because it extends time between watering, even more once i get a bigger res tank.

The E&F hydro setup is for the scrog, this is just for the mom's. The pump hasnt come in the mail yet, i just bought it yesterday.

7. I cut the clones, last week about 12 total. Most of them are in the brown pot the mom used to be in filled with vermiculite. I have 4 in a cup for watercloning, some of the cutting cut tips have been turning black and gooey in the water. So ive been putting them into the vermiculite. I have a few extras and im giving some away localy.

The moms needed to be trimed down to 3-4 main branches and they were getting rootbound, which is the point of bonsai moms. And one the moms decided to flower while i was a way so i turned the time back to 20/4 from 18/6, it seems to have worked. I think im just going to flower one of the moms instead of the clones so it should go in this weekend and go into flower shortly after.

8. im glad to see that the flowering is gettin started,,, i just got back from vacation and have planted some seeds today (the seeds cracked open this morning *yay*...

good luck with the grow:)

9. hey nice work with the box, is there more to come?

i have a question. what is the copper sheet for in the carbon scrubber? and out of interest what did you use for your filter material?

good luck with the result :D