government needs to legalize it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mjblessme5, Apr 7, 2011.

1. I think its time the federal government fucks off and lets state government take control like it says in the constitution!

2. Well, duh.

3. #4 mjblessme5, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I like your take on weed:)

4. i think colorado and cali legalize for recreational use in 2012. almost positive colorado does. i know federal wont for at least ten years prolly longer. i dont know why people care about shit that dosnt affect them. if u dont smoke weed then why do u care at all????

5. because the masses need to be protected by the government, whether it's banning weed or trans fats from fast food.

6. people always think they know better for everyoneelse. So if they dont use weed, no one else can either . Fucking clowns i hate them. Bunch of fucking idiots with no real knowledge of marijuana but yet fight it like its an invading army coming on to our soil.

7. Incandescent light bulbs
    Toilets
    Happy Meals
    Arbitrary age requirements for whatever...
    Marriage + sex laws
    Seat Belt laws
    Motorcycle Helmet laws

8. y u no include maine? Last i read we have the highest percentage of smokers of any state. AND a state congresswoman/senator proposed a bill to decriminilize up to 6 plants. Got shot down, but it was still proposed.

9. Marijuana prohibition is not unconstitutional. I'm sick and tired of the elementary interpretations employed by the GC pothead community.

10. Where you goin with this?

11. I'm simply saying that any argument that drug prohibition is unconstitutional is false. Where do you want me to be going with it?

12. By the Federal Government, I'd have to argue that it is.

Per the 10th Amendement to our US Constitution...I'm pretty sure it would be up to the States to determine the legality. And really, any believer in Liberty would not make it "illegal".

13. thats all thanks!

14. #15 Aquoz, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    I'm almost positive it's justified under the commerce clause and the preamble. I feel like many governmental actions are a resulted of misguided intentions, not simple malice. (Btw, even commerce within a state can be interpreted to affect interstate commerce if it has repercussions on the economy of neighboring states, this interpretation courtesy of Chief Justice John Marshall.)

15. Exploited maybe. Justified? Hardly.

Commerce Clause, Article I, Section 8, Clause 3:

“[The Congress shall have Power] To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes;”

RE: The Preamble,

Again, it's all about Liberty. Stop making excuses for our outrageous Federal Government. Unless of course, you work for them... LOL

16. I'm not making excuses, stop strawmanning and making ad hominem attacks. I'm simply providing the rationale behind the law. "Justified" was probably a poor choice of wording.

17. There is no rationale behind it except political activism and exploitation that gives more power to the Federal Government while marginalizing States' Rights.

Point out my "strawmanning" and "ad hominem attacks" so I can know not do it next time. :smoke:

18. The rationale behind the law is that the cannabis plant was bad for certain industries with stake in the government, so they passed legislation making it harder to grow, which eventually led to the prosecution of growers and even consumers.

19. #20 mjblessme5, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    In the consitution it says that items that are not listed can be brought on and decided by the states so like california has legal medicinal weed but federal law says weed is illegal which is why they feel the athority to raid marijuana despencerys but really the federal law should have no over power to raid these despencarys when the constitution says that the state can have legal weed which it does