Government is expensive and abhorrent (stats)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mirvs, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Government is expensive.

Saddam Hussein - Dead
    Osama Bin Laden - Dead
    Muammar Quddafi - Dead
    Weapons of Mass Destruction - nil
    Peace and Democracy - nil
    People standing up so we can stand down - nil
    Yellow Cake Uranium - nil
    Chemical Weapons - nil
    Percentage of Men in the Middle East who know what 9/11 is - 8%
    Drone Predator Attacks - 291 since 2004
    Military Deaths in the Middle East under Bush - 4851 (6 years)
    Military Deaths in the Middle East under Obama - 1440 (~3 years months)
    Casualties of Iraq & Afghanistan - 1,750,000 +
    Deaths in Iraq & Afghanistan - 920,000
    Cost of War since 2001 - $1,266,000,000,000
    Bush Bailout - $700,000,000,000
    Obama Bailout - $884,000,000,000
    Federal Reserve Bailout - $16,000,000,000,000
    Total: $18,850,000,000,000

In 2005 approximately 100,000,000 Americans paid taxes after returns and deductions.

In less than a decade every tax payer in America spent $188,500 to kill 26.7 people each.

Total cost to hire government hit men to kill one person: $7,059 / life

Only government could rationalize a human life down to the cost of a cheap car.

Sources:
    iCasualties: Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Casualties
    US Troop Deaths in Afghan War Under Obama Now Twice That Under Bush | Truthout
    The Wall Street Bailout Plan, Explained - Question - NYTimes.com
    Unknown News | Helen & Harry's cranky weblog of news and opinion | unknownnews@inbox.com
    Obama's Spending: Exclusive Estimate of the True Number - The Daily Beast
    Cost of War to the United States | COSTOFWAR.COM
    Majority of Young Men in Afghanistan Don

2. If a hell exists. Everyone responsible for these mass killings is going there. Obama and Bush are first in line.

The war issue is the only one that really pisses me off and makes me lose my cool sometimes. Usually I'm extremely calm person (many describe me as "emotion-less" in real life), and when I get into political debates/conversations in real life I try to keep emotion out of it because I know emotion will not convince people that you are right. I try to just stick to presenting people with facts, etc., but when people are pro war I sometimes get fired up because I just can't believe the lack of respect for human life that people have, and the sheer ignorance of their pro war stances. It makes me sick to my stomach that the majority in America, knowingly or not, support the mass killing of innocent civilians.

3. Great stuff, shared on FB to all my 1,000 left / liberal FB friends.. :hello: one day they will wake up, hopefully before their soul and conscience is completely sold out.. what kind of sad christian nation do we live in?

4. what sort of left/ liberal supports wars?

unless you mean that obama isn't different

5. I live in California surround by so called "progressive liberals" who are all waiting eagerly to vote war monger Obama back into office..

6. The kind that are going to vote for Obama again.

7. Just about every single liberal that voted for obama. And every liberal that will vote for obama in 2012.

What happened to the left`s anti war movement? LOL

8. Both parties are shadows of their former selves. Leftists at least had one good thing going for them, the anti-war stance. That's gone now.

Republicans used to have the whole small government, free market thing going for them, and that is now gone.

We are now left with the bad of both leftists and rightists, without the good that they used to have.

9. They at least hammered the final nail in the coffin of any sort of centralized government though. It's like i'm the 1% of critical thinkers or something that cannot accept this notion of voting on rulers religiously.

10. This needs to be stopped before another country decides to stop the US themselves.

11. guffaw guffaw

obama's a moderate.
    its hard to remember he isn't republican

btw, that doesn't really make them pro war, it makes them pro someone who is tricking people but is pro war

12. <---aqui mi amigo

13. That's funny, because your arrow is pointing directly at a guy who used warfare as a means to an end.

14. My car is worth 2 people:)

15. to overthrow a brutal dictatorship. You don't believe in the right of people to overthrow governments?

war isn't good but uh... protesting wasn't gunna do shit in cuba

16. he's a neoconservative.

but many who consider themselves liberal vote for him and support him, which makes those people pro war.

17. Where does it say there is a right to overthrow governments? :confused::confused:

Where do you pull all of these rights from?

18. It absolutely does..

19. unintentionally.

republican voters aren't pro allowing the super super rich to control the government, but they keep electing people who are. its deception

20. foreign policy should take front and center on any persons list of reasons to vote for a candidate..

It's more like Obama supporters are just blatantly dis-informed and have no idea of the death and destruction our wars leave behind.. they're gravely dis-informed and apathetic.. which is really a sin in its own right..