Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gotta do without for awhile

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by getoutdoors22, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Hi all, new poster here. I’ve been using weed to medicate my insomnia for a couple years now, usually just a joint of Skywalker an hour before bed, at least six days a week. I’m traveling out of the country for a couple months and plan to do without medication for the duration. I have a background in psychology, been reading lots of research about marijuana withdrawal syndrome. Based on the research it looks like I’m in for a couple weeks of (and I quote) irritability, anxiety, decreased appetite, restlessness, and sleep difficulties (ugh), but after that I should be out of the woods. Have you been in situations like this before, like having to go without medication for an extended period of time? What happened? How long did the withdrawal last, if it happened at all? Thanks in advance!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Didn't have much of a withdrawal last time I quit, some 20 years ago. I was grumpy for a couple days and not much else!

You need to exercise, eat healthy food and keep busy!

Granny :wave:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I quit 2 wks. ago. I also use for insomnia. I had no issues at all except the insomnia returned. You take the meds for sleep, take away the meds and the issue returns. :) I agree with Storm Crow, lots of outdoor activities, if you can and eat as healthy as is possible. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. if your traveling out of the country...
    YOUR going to be wore out tired already...
    ders a lot of running around involved in an escapade like your taking on.
    there is ZERO withdrall symptoms.
    Thats part of what makes cannabis such an amazing plant.
    and if worst comes to worst..
    walk by a bar an smell around ouside... YOU will find it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Over the last year I gradually ramped up on my edible hash-coconut capsules until I was at 1000mg a day to keep my little medical issue under control.

Facing an upcoming road trip I knew I'd be without meds for a week or more so I stopped dosing. Just stopped cold to see how long I could go without Mr. Pain crawling back out of the woodwork. Took him about 2 weeks but in the meantime I had ZERO withdrawals from stopping my massive daily dosing.

It really has NO physical symptoms from stopping even HUGE daily doses.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I tried no nightly dose for a week wasn’t falling asleep till like 330am and waking up at 7am went back to edibles last night slept 7 hours woke up feeling great

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I need such advice too, but it seem that an advice from a medical practitioner would be more valuable; though experience counts