Gotta change some shit...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ISnuff, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Well, this semester my grades were at an all time low. I've never been a responsible student for the most part; my intelligence has always been enough to get me through. For the first time though I truly feel almost ashamed at how shitty I did mainly because I know I didn't give it my best. I don't know all of what I'm gonna change, but things have to be different. And that's sadly going to probably mean that I need to cut back a lot on the herb. This entire semester I've been smoking WAY to much until WAY to early in the morning, and I'm certain that had a lot to do with shit. I feel like shit about the whole thing. I know I've got the potential that I could've Aced every class had I put the time into it. Just needed to get shit off my chest and actually bring it up to somebody.

2. I know how you feel dude. I'm currently going through the same thing right now. I'm a sophomore in college and my freshmen year I had a 2.0 gpa. I realized though that it wasn't the weed that was the problem for me. I just had no motivation because of the classes I was in. I realized that I was in the wrong major so I'm switching next semester. Already took one of the required classes for it and it was really interesting. I felt motivated again and managed to score a 98% on the final. I think you need to evaluate where you are right now and see if that's truly where you want to be, as in if you're in the classes you want to be taking. Anyways, good luck with bringing your grades up man.

3. Man I know I'm in the right major. I find biology extremely interesting and tend to look up related topics even on my own time. Weed hasn't been the only problem. I've always had bad study habits and put shit off until the last minute. On top of dealing with a lot this past semester. I can just think of so many times that I was blazing that I SHOULD have been on my game getting homework and shit done. I wouldn't even feel bad about it if I'd given it my best, but I personally know that I didn't. That's what has me feeling like shit. I only gave the amount of effort I thought would get me by and it actually fucked me for once.

4. [quote name='"SomeMexicanGuy"']I know how you feel dude. I'm currently going through the same thing right now. I'm a sophomore in college and my freshmen year I had a 2.0 gpa. I realized though that it wasn't the weed that was the problem for me. I just had no motivation because of the classes I was in. I realized that I was in the wrong major so I'm switching next semester. Already took one of the required classes for it and it was really interesting. I felt motivated again and managed to score a 98% on the final. I think you need to evaluate where you are right now and see if that's truly where you want to be, as in if you're in the classes you want to be taking. Anyways, good luck with bringing your grades up man.[/quote]

This is the same with me I decided right after I got there that I didn't want to major in my major lol..gonna change to something I like and hopefully do better.

5. The important thing is that you noticed you need to step it up. If you feel you are capable then you totally are.

I also agree if you're studying something that interests you the work will be much easier to do.

Good luck y'all :smoking:

6. Just did the same thing, it's ok man.

At least you understand you fucked up, make this mistake your motivation for next time.

I got a fucking C in one class, lowest grade i've gotten in so long. Usually all B+'s and A's....

Fuck it though, it was a bullshit class and i fucked up.

My problem: Smoking weed until 2am on a daily basis lol. Next semester i will have to man up and step up my game. Gotta get back to them A's yo!

7. its knowing that you didnt give it an honest effort that is the worst.

youve made the first step in identifying the problem, now comes the hard part. changing yourself

8. dont worry about it, life is gonna throw plenty more shit at you, in no time, highschool grades will be the last of your worries

but i think its good you wanna cut down on weed, as it does cloud the mind, and from personal experience, it will make you a worse student, in most cases

sorry for the harsh words, im only 24, and im suprised at the amount of shit that life can throw at you haha, and i remember the days of school, they were like perpetual kindergarden, but i try and keep my head up, only thing you can do rly!

9. I wish it were HS man. I put in less effort in HS than I do now and came out with a 4.0. It's college, and my Jr. year at that. I'm going to be stuck making some explanation for it all trying to get into medical school in a couple years.. If I wasn't trying for medical school I wouldn't care less other than the annoyance of having to retake one of the classes. But you're right nonetheless. Life goes on and every mistake and failure are merely a step toward potential success later on if used as learning experiences.

10. Well the first step is admitting that you didn't try hard enough. Just set a few hours a day for studying then you can bs with the rest

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

11. cut back on smoking shitty weed, smoking pure sativas, find girls to smoke topless with you, study more, study less, its up to you

12. That oughta help...

13. #14 thewarden, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
    well shit haha

/thread

but in all seriousness, it's good that you recognized. The first step to solving a problem is recognizing there's a problem haha. I was kinda the same way- in HS I didn't do jack shit and came out with A's in good classes, I was always that 'smart' kid.

it was expected that I go to a 4 year school right out of college, so I went to one. a pretty fucking great one actually, I might add. and looking back, I wasn't remotely ready for it. I mean yeah, I was capable of caring for myself and all that stuff, but I didn't really want to be there, and while studying a difficult major at a prestigious university, the desire to succeed is far more important than any inherent intelligence ANYONE possesses.

I never failed a class freshmen year, but I didn't do great either. Even at the start of sophomore year, I still didn't really care much. About midway through the first quarter of my sophomore year, something changed. I dunno what, but it did, and out of nowhere came the desire to succeed. My grades drastically changed for the better, but due to me fucking up the first few midterms/tests, there was only so much room for improvement. I ended with a pretty nice GPA (like 3.1-ish, where the average for those specific classes would have been like 2.9ish).

well I'm just kinda rambling but good luck, man. I'm psyched for next quarter. I'm kinda trying to view it as a fresh start, you should too haha. best of luck

also is this HS or college? I hope college haha, HS is pussy shit no matter where you attend

14. Feel the same exact thing op. fresh start second semester!

15. Glad to see you quit, you know its a scientifically proven that 100%\tof people who consume marijuana die.

16. i completely relate to you my man. I feel ashamed looking back at my grades when i know i couldve done better. I keep thinking its the weeds fault, but its all up to me to not let the weed make me lazy.

17. My Jr. year in college.

18. Lol to hell if I'm going to quit. Overconsumption of cannabis is somewhat responsible for my grades, not consumption. I was smoking like 10 blunts a day the majority of the semester.

19. I am literally in the exact same situation you are in. Don't let it get you down. Keep in mind that what's done is done. You can't change the past, only learn from it to correct your mistakes in the future.