Got ripped off again!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by twitch88, Oct 4, 2008.

1. I had a small setup in my back yard. I live in a nice neighborhood surrounded by old people. About 3 weeks ago I got jacked for my white widow plant and a Jack Herer. I started flowering them early so whoever took em knew exactly what was going on. I just got home last night after being gone for a week and noticed that somebody took my 3 Purple Erkle plants. I am so fucking pissed right now it is not even funny. What do you guys do to keep your stuff safe.

These plants were in my own back yard behind a locked gate that somebody just climbed then cut the lock and threw it somewhere. I came home and my side gate was wide open for god knows how long. People suck.

2. What I do to keep my stuff safe is never tell anyone about it, and i never show anyone my garden. If you tell people or if you show off your shit or if you allude to the fact that you are growing, your shit will come up missing--period. It's not hard really--just common sense.

3. Of course, some of us are irresistably compelled to do both: show people and tell people. That's what GC is for.

4. i think its more in using a very secure spot, and your backyard is low on that list. you can allude to people that your growing but never ever show anyone where it is.

5. But if you're alluding to the fact that you are growing you cann bet your ass that your \back yard is the first place that a thief is goin to check.

6. 90% of outdoors growers get ripped off. Motto of the story is rediscover your basement or a closet.

7. 90%?

Really that much?

8. Easily. Many people who otherwise wouldn't steal, won't think twice about swiping a marijuana plant. It's illegal so what's the owner going to do? Call the cops? I admit, if i came across a grow I'd take a little bit. I wouldn't go as far as breaking into someones property, but if its out in the open, come on.

9. #9 Mr. Jane, Oct 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2008
    That's not good...

I don't think I would rip someone's plot if I ever came across one... You have no idea who you could be dealing with...

10. I dunno.. I might take a bud or two.. the owner can consider it payment for me to keep
    my trap shut and that I taught them a lesson in security, and didn't take the entire thing!!

~Experimentalist

11. Exodus: 20, 15

12. I wish everyone would follow that rule.

13. How I secure my grow!

14. -don't grow at home unless there is no view on your plants.
    -grow in different places
    -I'll quote Old Pork on this "until you actually harvest, you don't know what can happen". (Not his words but that's the idea).;)

15. If that were true, I know I wouldn't do it.

16. I hope I'm in the 10%!