Got my wisdom teeth pulled today...

Discussion in 'General' started by PinkFloyd42o, Sep 26, 2012.

1. #1 PinkFloyd42o, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    Face is swollen, enjoying my weed brownie my friend made for me :)

Have you had your wisdom teeth pulled? How did you get stoned if you decided to?

2. I just quit smoking for two weeks.

3. I heard taking hits through your nose works pretty good, haven't tried it really.

Otherwise take a short break.

4. Yeah dude take small hits from a joint through your nose if you decide to smoke. But remember that any suction pressure in your face at all will always run risks of causing more problems so take very small hits..

Good luck man

5. Yeah im not going to smoke. But I can see how a shotgun up the nose would have no affect on my blood clots erupting (dry socket). You just can't have any suction (straws, smoking, sipping soup, ect..) in your mouth.

That's why my friend brought me special brownies :)

6. [quote name='"Led Zepp"']

Yeah dude take small hits from a joint through your nose if you decide to smoke. But remember that any suction pressure in your face at all will always run risks of causing more problems so take very small hits..

Good luck man[/quote]

Like stick the joint in my nose?

7. I've had teeth pulled and just got stoned off what the doc wrote and didn't smoke more than normal

8. Lol that pic...:laughing:

Yeah, I had to go to a surgeon to get mine pulled because I was a special case. I had five teeth pulled at once and stitches. Worse pain ever. I waited a week to do anything it was too painful. My boyfriend shotgunned me bho hits on 4/20.

9. Ok...

The reason you are not supposed to smoke after getting your widsom teeth pulled is because smoking creates a suction in your mouth. This suction can pull out blood vessels in your holes and you can start bleeding and slow down the healing process.

So, what I did was make a gravity bong. Instead of sucking you push down on the bottle and the displacement of the air PUSHES the smoke into your lungs. Therefore no suction is created...

No worries :)

10. I just smoked through it

11. [quote name='"bigbiscuit"']Ok...

The reason you are not supposed to smoke after getting your widsom teeth pulled is because smoking creates a suction in your mouth. This suction can pull out blood vessels in your holes and you can start bleeding and slow down the healing process.

So, what I did was make a gravity bong. Instead of sucking you push down on the bottle and the displacement of the air PUSHES the smoke into your lungs. Therefore no suction is created...

No worries :)[/quote]

Yeah that's another good idea, thanks. Just have a thick cloud and smoothly breath it in, got it.

12. [quote name='"Brohem"']I just smoked through it[/quote]

The first few days and everything? I wont take the risk. But might try some safer ways.

13. Yeah, I didn't want to risk anything so I just waited. I don't have any insurance and would have to pay out of pocket if my sockets got fucked up... not worth it.

14. When I got my wisdom teeth out I tried smoking through my nose, it just made my sinus' go nuts and get blocked up as well as getting nose bleeds the next couple days. I decided to just smoke weed anyways and i still get jaw pain where my wisdom teeth got out. I chew also which might have not been so great for them also.

15. man three years ago when i had mine removed i hade 5 fuckin fuckers taken out. 4 fully loaded teeth and 1 half tooth (smaller sized wisdom tooth, like a regular one was split in half, just as long though root wise. fuckin sucked. huge swollen face, only ate ensure, mashed jello, mashed scrambled eggs, and mashed fruit and veggies for over a week.
    i am so glad i will ever have to do it again.

best of luck OP! at least you have the city to enjoy with the recovery!

16. Yeah I smoked a day after mine got out just be careful cause a dry socket hurts like a bitch I heard

17. [quote name='"Endless Rain"']man three years ago when i had mine removed i hade 5 fuckin fuckers taken out. 4 fully loaded teeth and 1 half tooth (smaller sized wisdom tooth, like a regular one was split in half, just as long though root wise. fuckin sucked. huge swollen face, only ate ensure, mashed jello, mashed scrambled eggs, and mashed fruit and veggies for over a week.
    i am so glad i will ever have to do it again.

best of luck OP! at least you have the city to enjoy with the recovery![/quote]

Damn that sounds shitty dude. My oral surgeon said all of mine grew in perfect as could be so recovery will be really simple. Just a lil swollen face and no pain what so ever where they got pulled. Which I was REALLY supprised, not even exaggerating either. Probably be a lil sore tomorrow though. I just don't want to eat nothing (except my brownie hehe) but smooth textured food that will rinse out easy.

18. I had the same situation, the an extra sliver of a tooth. They had to cut around my gums on my bottom teeth.

19. [quote name='"nanners"']

I had the same situation, the an extra sliver of a tooth. They had to cut around my gums on my bottom teeth.[/quote]

Wtf hell no! I bet they charged you also huh?

20. This does not work any better than through your mouth.

It's the suction you want to avoid. The nose doesn't avoid this.

The answer is so simple I can't understand why people even ask this.

So you need to be able to smoke without any suction in your mouth.

How would you do this? Think. Use your head.

It's called a GRAVITY BONG. Zero suction in your mouth, the bottle does that.

Why can't people figure this out themselves?