Got my new computer up!

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by BlazinDoobies, Aug 21, 2010.

1. #1 BlazinDoobies, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2010
    If you've read my other threads you'd see I was making some upgrades to my computer, started off as a graphics card and ended up with a new case power supply and graphics card.

Anyway I ordered it yesterday from Newegg and it got here around 12:00 today, damn fast for the cheapest default shipping.

I ordered a 850W Rosewill psu which has tons of potential for my further upgrades, with a rosewill case that has 3 built in fans with the potential for 2 more on the side of the case and a Radeon HD 4850 which I plan on cross firing once I upgrade the motherboard.

So I snapped a quick pic of the pc on my desk and I must say, I love it!

Had a bit of trouble transplanting everything into the new case, even though it wasn't my first time doing it. First time I forgot to plug in the other piece of the power supply to the motherboard so it wouldn't boot right. Second time I plugged in the wrong one and thought I fried the board (wasn't that big of a problem, its a really cheap board). After I got all that set up, I forgot to plug the psu into my graphics card.

Fourth time was a charm though, I ended up finishing at about 4:00, everything is working and I have been able to run every game I've thrown at it at max settings on my dual 1280x1024 monitors.

(The computer doesn't really look that dirty, the flash on the camera made it look bad :()

That stereo you see is my speaker system for my computer and the xbox you see in the pic, with the xbox plugged into a 32" HDTV which I can also plug my computer into. It's gaming heaven for me and all my friends.

Attached Files: