Got my medical marijuana permit a week ago

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cubbie Boy, Nov 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I live in Hawaii, and I just got my medical marijuana permit a week ago, and I've been smoking a little lately. Last night, I got high for the first time in 17 years. Prior to last week, I hadn't smoked since 2003. I used to be a pothead, but I stopped feeling the need to get high years ago, and I still don't need it. But I DO want to get knocked out to sleep, and that's why I'm smoking again. I have PTSD, and I guess it will take some experimentation to find the right strain.
    It was pretty weird, and quite nostalgic, being high last night. And yes, I got the same feelings I did years ago, nervous, scared, introspective, and full of love for women.
    I smoked a 7% THC strain I got from the dispensary, Zkittles CBD, and though I could handle it OK, it didn't put me to sleep quite like what I was hoping for.
    I ordered a set of Afghan mix seeds from seedsman, and this spring, I hope to start some Hindu Kush kind of Indica that will put me to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 OldUR, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Consider edibles rather than smoke or vape. Longer lasting, harder hitting and better for your health. Capsules or food, there are lots of great recipes and techniques here on GC.

My return to cannabis is almost identical to yours. An infused dessert edible after dinner and I get the good night sleep I need.

Welcome back and welcome to GC!

edit to add side benefit that after a really potent edible sex can be crazy, amazing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Id try an edible they tend to put people down.

4. Thank you for your replies. Yes, I'm going to get some gummies or lozenges at the dispensary. :)