Got my garden nearly set up for this season!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by RedHairz22, May 12, 2016.

1. Miracle grow messes up your plants.

2. Even just veggies?

3. This is not true. I've grown a lot of plants to harvest with miracle grow.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. nice bud want to see my set up I'll get some pics tomoro

5. Show me!

• Like Like x 1
  6. crap I forgot :eek2: sorry im get them tomoro .I think you will enjoy seeing something different then the usual i keep mine off the ground you'll see

7. heres my late garden im growing zuccinini , tomatoes ,cilantro and sweet basil .Your pots will drain more better off the ground and bugs crawl in underneath .But your garden looks fantastic !

Attached Files:

8. Good idea keeping your pots off the ground! Lookin good! I'm growing tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeños, devils tongue peppers, banana peppers, green and red bell peppers, cowhorn peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, potatoes, strawberries (in a hanging basket), Rosemary, basil, oregano, parsley, and green onion chives.

9. And I also planted some sugar snap pea seeds the other day, along with some green beans that were tipped over and spilled everywhere when I got home from up north last night lol

10. #11 nugwings777, May 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
    cool my sunflower is blooming it was suppose to get huge some sunzilla cross .I wanted to grow more peppers too. i like those peppers your growing .im growing dwarf belles and tomatoes .container peas i would try failed at beans .But learned from it

11. That's awesome I wanted to try sunflowers! Still might, got a lot of sunny spots in my yard that I could put em. My gf also wants me to plant some cherry tomatoes. She eats them like candy

12. yeah Its my first time trying them .I learned a lot they were big sunflower kernels thing is i just have one big plant ..Im growing one kind of cherry tomato .I grow wild chiltepin peppers

13. Decided to give organic a try with the cherry tomatoes! Mixed up 3 cubic ft of soil using 7.5 gal organic potting mix (mostly peat w/ a few other things), 7.5 gal worm castings, 7.5 gal perlite, 12 cups of rock dust, 3 cups of lime, and 10 cups of mixed amendments (kelp meal, blood meal, and assorted dry organic fertilizers). Watered it with some compost tea I made with worm castings, and I'll let it cook for a week or so before I plant. Excited to see what it's like!

• Like Like x 1
  14. hell yeah im going organic too with my grow .Do you do any grows with your ground soil to see what happens or only grow store bought soil ?

15. I used the ground soil last year with some success, but the ground was mostly just clay and not very good. Thought I'd give store bought soil a try this year to compare.

16. mine was too instead i shoveled from big dirt piles we got from our ditches on our yard from the county .that dirts been sitting for a bunch of years .An in the core was super soft texture dirt .Took a long time to find the good dirt though .Yea i use store bought soil too I like it

17. image.jpg My cilantro is growing like crazy! It's the tallest plant in my garden at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  18. image.jpg image.jpg First pic is my red beefsteak and big boy tomatoes. Second is two of my devils tongue peppers, one FIMed the other not. Just FIMed the other one yesterday :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. image.jpg image.jpg My strawberry basket is thriving! So cons pic is of my beastly zucchini plant and my two yellow squash plants. Got over 20 strawberries growing in the basket!

• Like Like x 1