got my ears peirced

Discussion in 'General' started by Butter, Jul 6, 2005.

1. well this weekend i got drunk and high and then i got my ears peirced from my friend.... got both of them done and i was just wondering like what i should use to clean them... like you think hydrogen peroxide would work? and i forgot how long you need to keep them in before their safe to take out? like 30 days?

2. ya--hydrogen peroxcide.
    And you can use a little bit of rubbing alcholol on them after you take them out of your ears (after about 30 days)
    If a infection or puss starts to build up, take the earings out as your probally allegrigic to the materials.

Sorry for my horrible spelling.

pz

3. i just got mine done professionally and they told me to take a cotton ball like once a day and put it in isprocyl alcohol and drip it on both sides of the earrings (front and back) and turn the earrings to get rid of excess gunk and shit. they said after about 3 weeks of doing this it should be safe to take them out. its safe to take them out once when youre cleaning them the alcohol doesnt sting when its hitting youre ear (not touching an open wound)

4. OK... I've got a couple friends who are professional body piercers, and this is the advice I've always gotten from them (I've had over 40 body piercings, so I kinda know what I'm talkin about)...

Plain soap and water will be just fine for cleaning them. Dove works best as it's probably the most gentle soap on the market today...

Alcohol and Peroxide can irratate the wounds, and delay healing.

Do you have hoops or studs? If you have studs you really have to keep them clean - as they can hold dirt against the holes and cause an infection.

If, after a few days, you notice anything that appears to be an infection (bad pain, swelling, redness, yellowish puss), take them out immediately! If an infection sets in, and gets bad, you could end up having to get your ear amputated. I had a friend who this happened to. He got a home-piercing kit and did his ears... They got so infected the DR's thought they were gonna have to cut off a BIG chunk of his ear...

EDIT: By professional, I mean those who use the right needles and clamps... Not those cheap guns. Those aren't professional piercers. You need no prior training or experience to operate a piercing gun for people's ears... You do need professional training to use the clamps and needles though.

5. i had mine done about 4years ago, i also have had them out for 3years, but i had someone do mine with just a needle, it hurt abit bit but peroxide will do nicely, and wait till they become infected cause that will happen at least once, it sucks

6. Yeah... Infections suck... I've had 13 total holes in my ears... Got a few infections. One was a hard lump the size of a marbel... I had to squeeze that shit out. OMG, that hurt so fuckin much! Then I got one in my cartilege, and that hurt even worse... I thought I was gonna cry when I squeezed that one out. *shudder*

EDIT: None of them compared to the infection I got in my nipples though. Holy shit... NEVER put acrylic ear-rings in your nipples!

7. i just used the shit they gave me when i got it done..ive never gotten an infection... i got 7 holes. 5 n ears.tongue &belly button

8. Seeing as I've never had a bar or otherwise ever (have hurt myself to the point of in on part of skin out the other tho).

But whenever I've hurt myself to the point of actually being able to push something through my skin I felt scorching the wound closed would be best and did so... I was drunk as shit I had a few papertowels rolled up to bite on and a hot ass rod to basically burn the wound closed without actually letting it close so you create a tough layer of skin to put your hoop dumb bell or whatever through without worrying about infected skin thats still raw.

9. I've had infections several times. I guess thats what I get for being dumb enough to stretch my ears from 16s to 4s in one night...

10. Ouch... I went from 16's to 8's in 1 jump... Waited a couple weeks, then went from the 8's to 0's in 1 jump... Oh man that hurt, lol.

11. ive gotten bad blowouts in my ear from trying to stretch without tapers lol but idc i just left those fuckers in with dry blood all over them..i got mine done with a dermal punch at 6g and theyre both at 2g now

12. man i just bought some diamonds or ermm actually cubic zirconium haha i wish i had a picture to show... from the middle of the mall... they like 9 little diamonds that make up a square one kinda... but he just shoved them threw by hand... been cleanin them with peroxide, and they seem ok but i have noticed that the back of my ear is scabbed kinda, dont know if thats normal or not... just a little scab kinda around the back of the earring... but wrather than that the swellin has gone down and is alright

13. From my experiences with piercings, one of the best NATURAL ways to heal them is with a salt water solution. mix 1/8 tsp of SEA SALT (no table salt) into clean hot water. as hot as you can stand. soak your ear in it for 10 minutes a day, and you should be good to go. I had a troublesome cartlage piercing for months. nothing would heal it. finally, i came across BMEZINE.com, and someone suggested this treatment to me. after a week, I could sleep on it, which i wasnt able to do for months!

14. If swelling is going down the scab should just peel away painfree sooner or later. It may be sort of smooth for awhile but it should grow hair again as long as nothing was damaged.

15. The scab's normal... No need to worry, lol. :)

16. i ripped my left earlobe once or twice when i was in the process of streching it. it was the most horrible sound i've ever heard.. ugh