got drug tested and didnt know

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by pieman615, Apr 23, 2009.

1. #1 pieman615, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
    hey everyone well yesterday i went to the doctors just for a checkup and as i was iron deficient i needed another blood test to see how my iron is doing.

So like last week i thought i would tell her how the sky turned purple once (it really did) ive never done any hallucinogens but it was fucked so i thought i would tell her, she laughed it off but thing is i got my test done and shit like after i did it i found out it was also for drugs...so bad part is she knows my mum very well and will tell her and also i live with my mum im 19. so er yeah guys im fuccked

2. i didnt get any of that.

3. sorry its 4 am here and im half asleep ill write it up properly

4. Doctors have a certain level of doctor/patient confidentiality that they have to maintain.

I cant see her saying anything to your mom because if you are truly 19 you could sue her or she could be fired. If she gives you drug tests without your knowledge or laughs at you when you are seriously concerned about a symptom I think it may be time to find a more competent doctor.

5. yeah well my mum wants to come to get the results with me as shes getting a checkup on that day as well

6. So your mom knew about the drug test? Sounds like a setup.

The results are between you and your doctor. It may be hard but you are 19 and your mother should respect that.

7. your doctor cant divulge that info to your mother. your doctor signed an oath when they got the license to doctor/patient confidentiality. if she does, sue her practice.
    your mom does not have to be there with you to hear your personal results.
    your doctor should also tell you what your giving samples for. if its for an anemic blood test, it most likely just and anemic blood test.

8. my mum wont respect my age lol. i have been telling her about how weed should be legalized and everything about it and i think shes getting the idea of me doing it so yeah...

uhm this is fucked tho my lil bro does it as well if he got tested will the doctor tell my mum :|
    i better tell him this shits fucked up

9. pics or it didn't happen :p

but seriously..
    they can't test you without your knowledge assuming you actually are an adult.

also,
    they couldn't share the information with anyone else.

10. I don't really understand this... Your doctor should not be telling your parents anything if your over 18 and she shouldn't be giving you a drug test without your consent. She cant just surprise you with a drug test for no reason.

Either your story's missing something or you REALLY need a new doctor.

11. let her tell your mom and then sue her... and never have to work for weed money again lol

12. If i remember right, the only time a doctor can give a drug test is when the person consents, government forces, parents says for them to (under 18), and job. so if you didn't consent and your parents set it up, thats illegal, and since doctors can't tell anyone besides a consult (or company/gov) the results, if your mum gets word of the results, well you could get some pretty good cash out of bring her to court as that is illegal.

13. If the doctor talks you can sue her for all that she is worth. She signed the oath and has to follow it. I work in healthcare I should know. So you are ok and only you, the doctor and the people who ran your test know. Or she talks and you can get something from it. Either way you are good.

14. yea man, if she tells your mom you should contact the head of the hospital or something. get that bitch in trouble for fucking you over.

15. let us know how it works out, lol

16. Sue the bitch if she squeels, I wanna know how this turns out, keep us posted!

17. Another little boy scared of his mommy. GC seems to be full of them.

18. kids are still under there parents wings and being helped because the parents are paying for it, so they can do whatever they want. and trick him into doing it!

19. no im not scared of my mum ill get kicked out if she knows i smoke weed and does anyone know if they test for oxycodones in a standard drug thingo.

UPDATE: i got a letter sent home under my name saying i need to go there and my mum happened to read it as well. She said somethign like youdont usally get letters to notify people about blood tests. is this true guys :(

20. dude you live in australia.....not saying that is a bad thing in anyways :wave:

BUT who knows if there patient confidentiality laws are the same or not.

also they may have sent you a letter about your blood because they found something other than pot or oxy.

anywho if your mom knows you smoke, why worry?

good luck? lol