Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got Caught

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SaskKush, Mar 15, 2013.

1. So I'm still in high school living with my mom, and today I built a sick ass bong so when she went to the grocery store I went outside to hit it, but I guess she forgot something so she came back and saw me outside. I ran inside and hid the bong, she was so pissed she wouldn't even talk to me. She went for like an hour, and then came back and told me how it's bad and causes cancer, and causes slow brain development, and that it's making me dumb, so I told her that it's actually used to cure cancer, and doesn't do anything to harm me, and she wouldn't even listen or take a look at what I had to say. She also told me that medical stuff is safer then street stuff because street stuff has chemicals added. I told her no, and told her what actually happens, and she wouldn't believe me. So I brought up the fact that she smoke cigarettes. (She thought that I didn't know she smoked). This made her extremely upset and pissed off. Eventually we both went to bed, and she just called me into her room a few minutes ago and told me that I'm aloud to make mistakes and what not because I'm young, and she just wants the best for me and stuff. And then I promised I'd never smoke again.

Do you think I should actually give it up?

She said she wasn't even that mad, she just felt like I lied to her and she was disappointed.

I just feel like if she caught me again she'd be really really upset. What do you guys think?

2. No honestly since the ice is broken i'd talk to her more about it, about how you do it safely, you don't get into trouble (assuming you don't) and tell her good things in your life you still do while using marijuana, such as clubs/sports/job/grades etc, show her facts or shows such as the union, get her to know that you don't do this to harm yourself. I think she would understand and even maybe try it. I wouldn't give it up, just be more cautious for times to come like if she leaves, and you wanna toke walk down to park, or the woods or a bit away from your house. hope this helps, goodluck with the situation!

3. The thing is I just quit my job, quit hockey, and my grades are shit. But when I guit my job any hockey, and haden't even tried weed yet, and my grades have always been bad, and she told me "Your grades are bad, you don't have a job, all you do is sit around all day and play xbox and smoke pot" Honestly kind of hurts.

4. Man, your mom sounds like she needs some education.
    If you have Netflix you guys should sit down & watch The Union: The Business Behind Getting High.
    & even if you don't, it's on Youtube. Disproves so many myths (like cancer, loss of brain cells, death, laziness, etc.) & is extremely educational, we watched it in my History class back in high school actually.
    Super High Me kind of has some good points as well.
    But if you have the money & it makes you happy, blaze up!
    Just don't abuse it & use it responsibly.

5. Get your shit together and then there's a possibility you can get her to open up about the subject. At that point you can show her how you've turned your life around for the better & that weed was not a deterrent to your success whatsoever.

Right now you're giving her reasons to justify what she thinks are the negative side effects of marijuana. Turn it around man :)

6. Well what she said seems to be the truth lol. At least at this moment in time.

Parents are never going to be okay with you smoking pot if you have bad grades, no job, at home all day, etc. Talk is cheap man. Get your ass in gear and show your mom you can get good grades, hold down a job, get hat tricks, all while being completely baked to the fucking gills.

Good luck man.

7. Not surprising , a parent trying to make stuff up to get you scared . Although I would understand if anyone in your family has a problem with drugs , but dang lol .

8. It's not always a matter of a parent purposely making something up about weed. More often than not they are simply misinformed. Our parents didn't grow up with the Internet and had to rely on government propaganda to "teach" them about the effects of drugs. Sometimes they just need to be educated. That's easier said than done though.

9. Quit being a fucking bum and get your shit together. Go out get a job, help out around the house, study your ass off and to celebrate smoke a bowl when you're done with the day.

Sorry that I sound like a dick but it sounds like you need a kick in the ass.

10. Of course even if they were properly informed on marijuana they would still steer their child away from it with giving bogus/wrong assumptions . Same as OP said , she was pretending to be oblivious to the answers he was giving her saying herb doesn't cause cancer it prevents it blah blah blah , because she realizes that already . She just has to put in her 2 cents in order to try to make him realize its bad mmkay . Majority of parents know a lot of shit dude , they're just really good at playing dumb

11. Yeah^

For real get your stuff together. Your parents can easily blame marijuana for you fucking up. If you manage to get your shit together though, you being caught wouldn't have been too bad.

12. She wants the D

iscussion.

13. Damn man amen , I'd get pissed off if I had a son and he was failing all his classes and ontop of that not working . (Well if he was putting effort in by getting tutored maybe I wouldn't be as pissed)

14. #14 biw999, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
    I completely disagree man. I'm pretty cynical, but that outlook is even too cynical for me. I won't argue that some parents don't blatantly lie to their children about weed, but I don't think that's the majority.

What do you always hear whenever parents try to tell their child how bad weed is for you?

It kills brain cells.
    It causes cancer.
    It's addictive.
    It's a gateway drug.

All the bullshit Reagan was preaching back in the day. A lot of the studies that have come out to refute all that nonsense have been released within the last decade. And it's not like the truth about weed is on the 5 o clock news. You have to actively search out the truth about cannabis. Things are beginning to shift though. The truth is getting harder and harder to deny and is becoming more and more mainstream. Hell, weed is legal in two states.

Times are changing.

15. Times are definitely changing , but I don't think parents accepting the benefits of weed and allowing their kids to smoke has started (or will) . It only will when it isn't looked as or associated as a drug .

16. I agree that parents aren't ready to let their children smoke freely. I can't say I really blame them though. There hasn't really been any studies on how weed effects the development of a child. Positively or negatively. Seeing as how those are untested waters, I'd be a little wary as well. Better safe than sorry right?

And I don't really care about weed being labeled a drug. By definition it is a drug. Kind of hard to argue that it's not a drug when caffiene is considered a drug. I just think its ridiculous its a schedule 1 drug when cocaine is schedule 2. To be a schedule 1 drug that means it has ZERO medicinal value, yet we have thousands of medical cannabis dispenceries all over the country. That's just stupid.

17. Yeah , shit in life is retarded xD but I feel you man

18. I see you live in San Diego. Do you have a card?

19. #19 MartianCricket, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
    u gotta tell her this.. n yea u shudnt have said u'll quit unless u 100% meant it.. but she seems like she'll come along, just try n get better grades n get a new job.. this always works to make them accept it

20. Let out a huge ass bong rip in her room, and then offer her some. Then get a job, and try to get those grades up