Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

got caught last night, confused about the results and how we were treated

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by harrygohr, Jul 18, 2010.

1. this is a story of what happened last night im sorry i used so much detail i just want u guys to know EXACLY what happened. id like to hear your opinions or similar stories and i REALLY would like to have my questions at the bottom of this answered. enjoy the story...

So me and my friends went to a party last night had a good time. When we headed home my friends gps told him to turn left. He by accidentally turn left a lane early and we ended up going the wrong way on and main road with two lanes on each side and the two sides separated by a cement blocker. after being on the road for literally a second and a half one of my friends, well call him friend A, blurts YO MAN UR ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. and right after i heard him say that i see blue light turn on behind us on the right side of the road. So we pull over and that cops like what are you guys stupid i dont buy ur story i think ur on something.(which we actually weren't) So my friend whos driving (friend B) talks to the cop (more like just gets yelled at by him) Then while the cop was looking through the back window at us our driver moved his arm from holding the wheel to his arm rest. The cop saw him move is arm and just start yelling WHAT DID U JUST DO OUTA THE CAR WHAT DID U JUST HIDE!!!(he wasnt hiding anything) So he calls in for back up and 3 more cruisers come. They make all of us (5 total) get out of the car and sit on the curb. one cop sticks his hand in friend C's side leg pocket and starts taking stuff out (no warning didnt say anything just randomly walked behind him and aggressivly starts reaching. And my friend like wtf i have rights and starts talking like a lawyer. the cops get PISSED and leave us on the curb sitting for like 20min just screaming insulting and being physicly aggressive with friend C on the other side of the cop cars. they run all our pockets and find nothing. Then the cops ask our driver "is their anything illegal in the car we have probablle cause to search ur car by the way u were driving if we find something u said u didnt have you will be fucked royaly. So the driver admits to having a bowl and a gram in the car that was his. They grab the bowl and weed, and proceed to search the car for a long time and find nothing else illegal. They threaten me because i was the only one without a ID on me and i didnt remember my social sucurity number and im not in the system so since they cant tell weather im giving them fake information so they can detain me untill i can be offically identified. so me trying to be kind/helpfull/respectfull i was like uhhh i dont know if this is any help but if u want ill call my mom or brother and they can vauge for me? He says no sorry. He continues to lecture me about anything he could think of (including even the way i was dressed) eventually he tells me to go sit so i do. Then they start yellin at friend C again and say that their gonna arrest him for assulting a officer because when one of the cops snuck up behind him earlyer and started sticking his hands in the pocket it scared him so he just impussively grabbed the arm going through his pockets (although he let go right away). Friend C is pissed off and agrivated cuz hes like the target out of all of us, so hes starts being like fine fuckin do it ill appeal the charges and it'll get thrown out cuz its not right. The cop talk shit blah blah blah. they continue to basicly fuck with us for awhile and in the end they dont do anything about how we dove on the wrong side of the road. but they give us all tickets (Massachusetts decrim 100$ fine FTW)

First of all im pissed by the way we were treated just because we were all ravers (the cops in the town we were in HATE ravers). So where all wearing our rave gear (fluffy hats, arms cover his bright bead bracelets pacifiers ect) so the whole time we were getting insulted on our cloths/way of life in general. Also i feel the cops were especialy wrong about how they physicaly handled friend C because he did nothing to be seen as a threat.

my question about this whole situation is this: is it right that all 5 of us got 100$ tickets? Because the driver even said its my bowl and my weed. The cops had no reason to think that the other people were stoned, had weed, or even knew it was in the car. am i wrong i thought if illegal objects like weed are found in a car the driver and the owner of the illegal stuff gets ticketed/ in trouble which in this case would be just our driver. and to top it off two of the five of us DIDNT no our driver had weed(stingy bastard).

also on my ticket everythings filled out but the box for "fine for charges". but like it has a date i need to pay my fine by and stuff so like im confused.

2. #2 Banjoske, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
    Yoiu my friend are not a victim of police brutality and if you try to make a law suit, you'll lose in a flash. Police aren't advised to yell and scream at suspects but since police are seen as upholders of peace an aggressive officer is almost never in the wrong. To a superior officer, those pigs you encountered would be seen as assertive and not aggressive. So basically thier isn't anything illegal about what the officer did but his supposed friendly code of conduct may have have been absent on that particular stop. They just ragged on you because of your individuality bro. In situations like that, just stay calm, don't be rude and try your hardest not to anger the officer. Since you had nothing illegal (decrim. FTW) you had no reason to act shady. Just remember this; cool, cooperative, courteous.

Trust me. I'm from NY where police misconduct is the norm. Just stay cool, be cooperative and act courteous.............o yeah and just in case have a video camera;)

3. You can roll around with 27.5 grams in your ride and they still give you a $100 ticket?

4. i wasnt even considdering a lawsuit i was just saying i didnt like how we were treated. i just wanna know if its right that the people who didnt have anything got ticketed. before they even searched the car they even told our driver, you better hope ur friends arent hiding anything cuz if we find anything whoevers it is AND you are fucked.(this was before he knew we had weed.). so shouldnt've just our driver just get ticketed?

5. This made me very angry.

Maybe contact NORML?

I personally would have lost my cool. I am happy that you did not lose yours. Remember to stay calm. Im from NY and was only arrested once. Cop was to lazy to search all our bags (3 of us) we would have been fucked because we were facing arson my friend had a baggie with particles of bud in it and maybe seeds. But we kept are cool. Keep a NORML card with you.

:smoke:

6. Sounds like you handled yourself well Harry.

I know you're probably pissed off at the way you were treated but unfortunately it will always be a continuing occurrence. Cops are like weed. Some are decent, and do the job. Others are a waste of time and money. Sounds like he wanted to head fuck you because you were dressed like a raver. He probably thought you were pinging off your mind and thought he could scare you into a state of paranoia. But you kept your calm chinned the ticket and that's it.

I guess think of it as you're lucky there was only a bowl in the car a small amount and you all got off with a hundred dollar fine it could have been worse.

But yeh it is a shit go the way you were treated, I'm not sure how the laws in the states are but in Australia generally the passengers won't get fined or ticketed for possession unless they admit or it is proven that it was in their possession. Had the driver had said it's my weed in Aus the driver would have been fined not the passengers. Well that's what I've experienced.

Maybe he just didn't like you cause the eyebrows didn't match the fur :p

7. yes the driver admitted that he had a bowl and around a gram that was his before they searched

8. ps. yea they do i have bushy eyebrows lol

9. I hate when officers do unnecessary shit like that. I think that a lot of people are drawn into being cops because of the authority aspect, kind of like being a legal bully. I love how they can man handle you but if you push them away you get tazed and face criminal charges.

10. Unfortunately(sp?) the cop was right. Now if one of the passengers had something then yes, the sole passenger would have gotten the ticket but since the operator of the vehicle had something it's like a domino effect. If the driver has something you all have something especially if its your friend B's car. But just because it is decriminalized doesnt mean it's legal on top of the fact that none of you had Medical MJ cards so a 100$ ticket is basically a Slap on the wrist.

And your lucky because in NY if youre over 18 without an I.D. than you are going to jail so

Don't Worry, Be Happy:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

11. yes you can. you can have $400 an oz shit thats just under cause you smoked a j already and its a $100 fine. Ive gotten 5 of them and ive been arrested 4 times before that for smoking. Most cops in MA now dont even care. I did have one try to give me a sobriety test to see if I was under the influence, but they cant prove that your high. So i refused to take it and they just let me go.

12. YOU GO TO JAIL IN THE STATES FOR NO I.D? Yeh? Oof here in Aus they fine you and slap your wrist.

13. No matter what ever happens never tell a cop to "go ahead arrest me I'll get it droped in court" don't piss off cops.. Even tho they are dicks to us just be polite. There's atleast a chance of being let off then.

14. listen to this tripper:smoke::smoke::smoke:

15. yea you cant get a lawsuit on em if you tried...believe me :cool:
    last winter i had my friend come pick me up to go to a bar, and when we were going there my friend started to do peal outs after the red light and we ended up getting pulled over. long story short, the cop told me "sit down right here and shut up, if you say another word ill break a tooth or two" just gotta ignore the shit and keep it moving, cant do too much unless you got actual evidence that they did something illegal to you.

16. Jesus I am to high/lazy/music to read that but worst that happened similar to the little bit I read..

Went to Rhode Island, midnight. Got bent on beach.This girl I know couldn't drive neither could me or my cousin. Kid drives with a pipe and eighth. Pulled over. Open Containers Possession, dumbass Arguing Got arrested Car Towed. We Chilled in the Lobby Watching TV Land until somebody fro MA could get us :smoke:

just free to go when we either sobered up or had a ride one guy went to buy my friend a pack of cigarettes lol

17. i would personally fight that ticket unless their is a specific law in your state stating that u can be fined for the driver possessions.

18. yeah cops are fucking dicks. they try to intimidate you but just keep your cool