Got back from my dad's christmas party....ranting. soz.

Discussion in 'General' started by darksmoker, Dec 20, 2011.

1. from his work....it was ridiculous.....

fucking FAKE. every motherfucker was fake. fake smiles. fake handshakes. faking caring about whats going on in other peoples lives. 500 people and EVERYONE was calling my dad sir and being on their best behavior around him. shit, everyone knew MY name just because of him.........fake, fake, fake.

i dont know how many hands i had to shake and how many people gave me that stupid fake smile and asked if i was excited for the holidays. what are you doing for christmas? oh REALLY...thats awesome! so do you go to school? etc. fuck. you.

theyre all a bunch of fucking slaves. a bunch of idiots. robots. masks.

i saw so many guys that looked exactly the same and sounded and acted exactly the same as everyone else in all the other states do....they shake my hand i just wanna say shut up, i've met a million of you. it's so sickening.

sorry, im just ranting. god, i never even say sir unless im talking to a cop....but every single person there called my dad either sir or commander. ridiculous. rant over.

how was your xmas party? :confused:

2. Who the fuck is your dad?

3. meh. some big important guy here. it's annoying as fuck. i cant do anything without everyone knowing about it. as soon as i got arrested it was in the papers and on the news..........amazing he didnt lose his job because of me but still. it SUCKS.

4. Don't stress it. You should feel honored your dad is in a position like that. And you should consider it an advantage that if you're ever in their position you can act real because bosses don't like fake people. They just need them to fill certain spots. It's the non-fake ones that rise to the top.

5. If they are calling him commander......then.....well.....he must be in the army or some shit.

And they are sucking up cuz they have to. He is their boss, right? They have to all suck his ass and be on their very best behaviors. It's common sense.

6. Would you rather them have been rude to you? Also,there's nothing wrong with calling a man 'sir',learn some respect SIR.

7. That's a sure way to keep your job if you're not ultra talented but worked hard to make it that far. But in movies it's always that kid that shows a little bit of wit and spunk but is still very respectful that is taken under the wing by the big man in charge. I know it's movies, but people don't love suck-ups, they're just good people to keep the company on it's track.

8. Is your name, by chance, Holden Caulfield? :laughing:

9. yeh pretty much. he's a colonel and the commander of a very large squadron here.............but still.........it pissed me off.....i dunno...maybe its cause i'm completely aganst war and america sticking our nose in other country's shit.....i'm pretty much a hippie....and here's my own dad commanding 1200 troops every day and being involved in the war in every way imaginable.....i dont know how to describe it what i'm trying to say or how to put it.

i mean i'm fucked up now cause i had to drink something after all that bullshit. like i guess i understand sucking up to a point......at work....on duty....but at christymas party people should be real...youre not at work. you dont need to impress him. i mean some of his troops are are my age or younger. it's too weird. it's not right. i wish i could put what i was thinking into words.

fuck robots. thats all i got to say.

10. They wouldn't suck up to you if they didn't see something in you. It's just not natural. Chances are if your dad's in charge like that then you've been bred a certain way and have good genetics too and they probably see that in you.

Edit: Well maybe that's not exactly what you said in your post, but the fact they all know your name means your dad probably talks about you a lot, and not for no reason.

11. So it was a military party??? Im not surprised

12. lol everyone is always fake during christmas.... it just comes with the holidays. Just be happy that people aren't screaming at each other across the dinner table.

13. Calling people sir is respectful.
    I see you don't like people being fake, but they did try.

What it be better if they weren't fake, and like, didn't even come?
    Or acted like assholes?

Doesn't sound that bad at all.

14. like i said...hard to explain...i guess its a you had to be there kind of thing...maybe i have done it too many time...heard it too much...the same shit for the past 15 years....its how i was raised how i was supposed to be...my dad mr successful military man commanding thousands of troops....everything i hate....and me in and out of jail pothead loser going nowhere....i dont know what went wrong or where or if it was wrong everything happens for a reason right? right? in the past i was so ok with it...cali changed it all...i dunno...

15. One person got my joke! :yay:

16. i'm still laughing lol :smoke::D

:laughing:

17. Don't say this. Me and you are a lot alike. If you were destined to be a pothead loser, you wouldn't have been at that party. Your dad has faith in you and hopes for only the best for you regardless of what that means. He's not ashamed of you at all he's just disappointed that it hasn't been easy for you. The last few years I've thought I was a "hippie" and tried to emulate the hippie lifestyle in a way. I had no clue why my parents kept supporting me and sticking with me because I just wanted to give up, but now I realize why they did. I have a SHITLOAD of potential. Getting down on yourself in your situation is the only way you won't ever realize your potential...the ONLY way.

My dad was a true hippie. He grew up in the 60's and did a ton of acid and went to grateful dead concerts and stuff. He became an engineer/entrepreneur owning his own giant office building and his manufacturing company living in one of the best town communities in the country with a beautiful and awesome wife once he put it together. His dad was a successful lawyer who graduated from Brooklyn College of Law. It was probably the same way with my Dad as it is with me.

Don't get me wrong I'm different from my Dad and you are too from yours. I suck at everything science and he's amazing at science. My mom was into performing arts. The mix of the two somehow turned my sister into a now "professional" writer graduating with the highest acclaim in her graduating class (two days ago actually) and I'm going the same route now. I've been through a lot too but it's all made me a better person as I'm sure it has with you as well. I'm familiar with your posts and trust me, you don't come off as a fuck-up, your posts tonight do suggest though that you've had a troubled history but your time will come.

Honestly I've just been having all these revelations lately. I've always had a ton of confidence come from within myself but I've never been able to admit it to anybody. I was just way too insecure to admit whenever I was good at something, and when I did, I thought it just came off as arrogant (maybe it did because I wasn't fully showing my talents to people since I was holding so much of it back). Now I'm not afraid to admit, I have talent, I have a future, I'm gonna be successful and make something out of myself. It feels so good to say that out loud, and I'm a better person because of it.

Maybe you haven't found your calling yet, well neither have I completely, but I'm definitely headed in the right direction. I don't want to be a hippie. Don't get me wrong I still have respect for the "hippie culture" and that was an important phase in my life, but that's just not who I wanna be. I'm still young, so are you. You just can't be getting so down on yourself man because you do have potential or else you wouldn't still be sitting on your computer here right now complaining about how successful your dad is and how much you're not.

Hope I've reached you somewhat with my post.

18. Well they call him "sir" because that is the correct way to address a commanding officer.NOT doing this could result in negative ways upon a persons military career.As far as "commander" goes we used to just call our commander BC (i.e Brigade, Battalion, or Battery Commander). It's a usual thing for people to show respect to their BC and their families because of all their hard work and sacrifice put into getting to that position. You may see at as fake but you should know that a good number of these people actually DO respect him or at least the title that he holds and even if they don't, they at least acknowledge the responsibility that he carries everyday.It doesn't matter if it's not on duty hours. He earned that show of humility.

19. i am a loser though. no, im not just saying this for attention like a lot of people are going to suggest, but because it's true...i've been nothing but a disappointment my whole life. man, i remember back in 6th grade the cops brought me home and tht kinda started it all...then in 8th grade someone brought weed to school and i tried it.....have not been the same since....expelled from 2 different high schools....arrested 3 times....not quitting smoking weed when i should have,....now i'm getting into alcohol even though my mom was a raging alcoholic...

i just feel like i can never live up to my dad....and i dont even want to....like, colonel? thats way too important and up there for me. i dont want that many people knowing who i am and having to be so fake all the time. i see how my dad acts at work and how he acts at home. well, hye spends more time at work than home and he always has. usually working 6-6....disappeared for months at a time and a lot of the time we had no idea where he even was....man im just rambling now sorry...

ive kind of found my calling, but life will not cut me a break. im trying to move to SC to go to college and be with my gf...but i JUST got put on this 6 year probation 2 weeks ago and idk if i'll be able to move....but if i cant and im stuck in arkansas for 6 years....lets just say you'll never hear from me again....oh well. one way to find out. gotta wait for the probie to call me back. i just wish i could smooke weed again. made everything feel alright. listen to music, write poetry, mellow out and fall asleep....

20. Dude...all that bullshit only makes you a better person. My life is fucked up. I'm 21 years old and I've never had a girlfriend, I've never had sex. I've always been the "short kid", I didn't start puberty until well past my 13th birthday which only made that worse. I spent my entire High school career and some of college on the internet pretending to be a black kid from the ghetto because I was too insecure to be myself in real life. I've been arrested 3 times, been to rehab twice, mental health facilities 3 times. I've lost every real friend that I've ever had.

But you know what...none of that matters. In fact I'm glad all of that happened. Because deep down, I'm the best person that I could have possibly been. Also, I have so much confidence in my innate ability and myself now that there's no way I could possibly doubt myself or tell myself I'm unimportant at this point.

Being on probation dude? That's just an obstacle that life throws at you. You just gotta take the best advantage of that situation and work towards your GOAL. Because that's the the best advice I ever received from anybody, this past August. I was told "all you need is a goal to work towards and the rest will come naturally" and ever since I've been working towards finding a goal, and now fulfilling a goal, and my life has been getting progressively better. That's all you need and don't let anybody ever tell you that you can't reach that goal. You can.

Stop trying to live up your dad. You can never be him. And if he was your son he could never be you either. You're different people. Maybe money and being in charge isn't what drives you but I can guarantee you, there's something out there that does.