Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got arrested...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ienjoycannabiz, Feb 11, 2013.

1. So i got arrested a couple weeks ago:( and have court in a few days. i got caught with 4 ounces of weed in seperate ounce bags with a scale in my trunk. I was in baltimore city with my friends and were all white. We also accidently drove into some hood ass neighborhood and a cop drove by us and immediatly turned around and pulled me over. the first thing he said when we came to the window was wheres the weed, i know theres weed, look at all u whiteboys in here, and basically ended up searching my car and finding the weed. I know they had no right to pull me over and search us, but what im asking is does anyone know what kind of charge i might get? im getting charged with currently marijuana poss. and thats all. apparently weed isnt that serious though in baltimore because its flooded with way harder drugs and crime. But any help would be appreciated.

2. If you get a good lawyer, and you told the officer I don't consent to searches, then you were unlawfully searched and profiled based on location. I hope you have good luck in court, and not get bashed with anything else. :wave:

3. Yea good luck man fight that shit

4. You're already fucked you should've just refused the search, and left if he called the K9 unit. They can't make you wait for the dog if you aren't being detained for a crime already.

Next time just make it clear that "I don't consent to any searches officer.", and if he gives you trouble just repeat "Am I being detained, or am I free to go sir?" a few times. If he doesn't answer, then you can only assume you're free to go, and leave in a respectable manner. Once you start arguing you've already lost.

5. Probation drug tests and lots of fucking money spent

6. #6 ALMN, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
    Ok, so, according to this Maryland Penalties, you're looking at some prison time and a big fine. If it was all in one big bag and no scale, you could probably just get off with probation and a fine.

Now. Do you have a lawyer? If not, I'd recommend getting one, or at least going to see one. There's a chance that you could get the case thrown out since the cop had no "probable cause" or any other real reason to search you. Unless he said "hey i'm gonna search you," and you said "OK!"

If you do get a lawyer, have him try to get the tapes from the cop's car-cam, and there might be enough evidence on tape to get the case dismissed.

I'm not sure about 100% of anything I've just said, since I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not from MD.

EDIT: i read thru your post again and saw that you're only getting charged with possession. If that's the case, it will probably end up being a fine and probation

7. Well considering two ounces is usually a felony...

8. Do you have a lawyer?

I dont know how much one cost but it will be worth it in the long run. I would sell shit to raise the funds if I had to.

9. It is a felony and im scared because im only 18 and skinny and white, and i already had to be in baltimore city prison for 20 hours, if i had to do time in there i dont know what id do..

10. Youthful offender. Use it.

11. im 18 which means i get charged as an adult.

12. That sucks.

I agree with Bob Barker, do whatever it takes to get a lawyer.

and like Funk said, your age might work to your advantage

Good luck

13. #13 Funk-D, Feb 11, 2013
    Under 25 youthful offender you get one in most states typically gets you out of jail and you can keep your record clean if you get through the probation. Trust me I've been there. You have to plead guilty to get it though most DAs offer it because it keeps their successful prosecution rates high...and they wanna climb that government ladder and shit.

14. #14 bob barker, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    I would also consider trying to work a court order military service to ''straighten you out''. You might have some of the best times of your life......better than prison at least.

Keeps us updated dude

edit: if you are going to pirson I would watch a ton of prison documentary's so you can better under stand how that world works.

15. He probably smelled it. If it was in your trunk, in just a meer zippy bag, it could of been reaking w/o you knowing it.

I've driven behind people and I can smell their weed, not smoked weed but just dank smell. It aint skunks.

16. #16 RamAbballah, Feb 11, 2013
    Get a lawyer and get that evidence thrown out. Cops are often not that smart and overreach a lot. Hope things work out for you. Nobody should go to jail for drugs, especially cannabis. I'm wondering how come you weren't charged with intent to distribute, considering there were separate bags and a scale. Isn't that usually the criteria? Hopefully if it's just possession you'll be able to plead it down and just have to waste your time with some sort of time-consuming program for drug offenders if an argument about ill-gotten evidence isn't feasible. That would suck but it sure beats the hell outta jail. Good luck.

See if this tells you anything you don't know...
    http://norml.org/laws/penalties/item/maryland-penalties-2
    eh, there's no good news there... I took a look, but you may wanna check it out anyway.