Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

got arrested yesterday.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LemonSourD, Mar 4, 2011.

1. well i got arrested yesterday im from new york city cop saw me smoking and as soon as i see him i threw it and he saw me throw it. what may be the outcome of when i go to court. btw i wasint the only one arrested there was a another person were i was smoking who i had nothing to do with but got arrested with me he had a quarter in his possession when i only had a roach that i threw do u think i will get in trouble for that too? or am i just to paranoid thanks :smoke: .

2. umm. maybe possession because the cop saw you smoking and smelled it on you. was there any other herb on your possession besides the joint?

3. no just that

4. Were you smoking out in the open or how did this all come about?

5. u will prolly just get a fine, and maby some community service. But damn that sucks.

I live in some apartments and they have a workout room that i use to smoke weed in all the time. Some guy has been watching me and walked in the weight room while i was smokin a bowl in the bathroom, and he smlt the weed and had a cop dog kus he was a retired police. long story short they took my pipe, and weed and just let me walk home, didnt contact family or anything.

but yea you might get anything from rehab, to a fine, to probation, or community service.

well i wish the best of luck 2 you :smoke:

6. thank you so much the last thing i need is rehab for a harmless plant

7. smoking behind a apartment building

8. not saying its going 2 happin, just saying it could. my friend got busted for walkin 4 houses down to his boys house. He was bringing his bong over and a gram, and got busted. he got rehab lol

but he was really walkin 4 houses down and he got stoped haha, i was like damnnnnn!

9. lol how the hell does that happen?

10. idk but it did, i guess he was lookin shady. maby the cop could tell he was carrying something under his coat. But he got searched and busted.

11. damn can you really get arrested for smoking weed in new york?

12. Doubt you're going to get anything. All you had was a roach, so what's the big deal? Waste of court time IMO.

13. I didn't know smoking a joint could get you arrested in the city.. yeah it's against the law but how can they even tell what you're doing?

14. Seriously? Of course you can, if it's against the law, they arrest you for it.

Possession in New York State of under an ounce, first offense is only a $100 fine. That's the worst case scenario. Second and third offense are $200 and $300 fines respectively.

15. #15 TelevisedChaos, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
    All that would happen in this country is they would ask if we had anything else on us, and you don't wanna lie if you do, all they will do is confiscate it (usually destroy it in front of you) then let you go with a warning. If you don't have anything on you but they think you're lying then they can take you to the station for a search, but if they find nothing they will let you go (never been to the station because of weed, the one time we got caught was a couple of years ago with about a gram or two).

It must be stricter rules than that in some states of America, I thought they were more lax than the UK government but it kinda makes sense because its the USA that started the war on drugs in the first place.

I smoke in city parks and around my little hometown, the only time I got caught was in my hometown, and there's about 5 cops in total that you see patrolling occasionally. You can go days without seeing a cop in this town, it's great for smoking. We just got unlucky that one time. In the city there was a park where all the college kids would go in between lectures to toke :)

16. damn i never really realized, what i mean though is do you get put in cuffs taken down to the station, finger printed, then spend the night in jail, and have to have someone post bail for you in morning? or do they just put you in back of the squad car while they search your stuff and write you a ticket then your free to leave?

17. Well it depends, they can bring you to the drunk tank for a night if they want, but most often it's not worth their time to do so, and they let you go with a citation or something. It really all depends on the particular officer.

18. in california getting caught with weed is equivalent to getting a speeding ticket now :thumbsup:

19. So long story short, you got fucked because a retired cop intimidated you. Thats how i see it.

LOLBONEDHARDMAN

20. Exactly. It's a civil citation of $100 as the worst outcome OP...Be thankful you live in a state where it is decriminalized and keep that shit inside next time

New York - NORML