got a new job at jiffy lube!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dlit420, Jun 19, 2012.

1. So basically I worked king soopers (part of the kroger chain of grocery stores) for around 9 months and hated every single day of it.

About a week ago my friend called me and offered me a job at the jiffy lube he works at. No drug test and got to start the next day and quit king poopers.

I have worked there 6 days now and I am fuckin loving it. Everyone smokes down and there are only 8 employees that work there. But only around 4 work per day. I get 40 hours every week and I get to work on cars all day. It's so awesome.

I just wanted to tell someone, broke up with my girlfriend of 9 months a few days ago so I need someone to talk to haha

Anyone else worked at a place like this?

2. Congratulations on the new job, dude. Sounds like a chill place to work. How's the pay?

3. Hell yea man, I work at an oil change place too, and EVERYONE blows down. Workin there has definitely made me glad that I can change my own oil and no longer have to bring my car into places like that haha.

4. Sounds like a cool job, don't forget to tighten those drain plugs...lol

5. Congrats man! Sounds like quite the find.

6. Nice man! how much do you make?

7. Yep, that is what I did for a high school job. Got to leave at 10:00AM every day whether I had work or not... It was awesome. lol

Not that bad of a job.

8. I didnt know they had drive thru hand job places, kool

9. Yeah man, there all over now.

Pretty schweet, its 25$ for a quick lube.

50$ if you need your "oil" changed.

Asked for the tire rotation if you go man, they wont let you down ;).

10. Yeah I work at a place just like that. It's a chill job and pretty easy. Some cars are a fucking bitch though.

11. Hands down the easiest oil to change is the new Ford F-450's. A child has room to crawl around under there. The new GM half-tons are easy too if they're 4x2.

12. What about the 90's cavaliers? Or Volkswagens lol and I hate doing fords those fuckin drain plugs are a nightmare.

13. Cavs aren't very nice to work on. Most small cars I have encountered aren't the greatest but some are lot easier than others. They sometimes like to hide oil filters in shitty places.

14. I have found the more money the car costs the harder/bigger the bitch changing the oil is going to be. And customers HOLY FUCKING SHIT. nothing makes me happier the a cock sucker in a brand new 50,000 dollar truck with 10,000 into making it look even more bro then a 45 yr old guy in 5150 jersey. And when you tell him his oil change is 75-90 bucks and an extra 50-60 if he wants an air filter. And he says "WHAT! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! THAT'S FUCKING CRAZY!" hahaha you wanted to be a baller....

15. [quote name='"DiggityDooDawg"']JIFFY LUBE DAWG

[/quote]

I was eating you fuck!

16. Congrats man :smoke: I worked at Valvoline for awhile, and aside from burning my hands all the damn time it was pretty sweet. Only made minimum wage though so I didn't stay too long.

17. awesome on getting the job sounds pready sweet man!

18. I heard that place is fucking people in the A all the time. Been in the news over and over for over a decade. Youtube that shit.

19. Just don't Dale Gribble people and you'll be fine. It's funny, but illegal.

20. Well ice been working here for about a month now its pretty fuckin awesome! Just work on cars all day which I absolutely love doing.

Gets sketchy sometimes though. There's cars id rather not work on, but its my job to haha and I'm in the pit, or under the car all day so it gets pretty damn toasty down there haha