Got a fantastic job offer in ATL and wondering how it is..

Discussion in 'General' started by DoblazE, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Yeah, there is always pretty sketchy people around every city, no doubt about that.
    I see myself being in Seattle in 2 years as well with my friends. We've all been saving
    already for a year and plan on continuing for another 2 before heading out to WA.

I already know what apartments, I'd like to see and already have scheduled tours for them,
    I'm just here to get some information on the weed there (it is a weed forum) and the culture! :)

2. Hey there. :wave: I've been living here in Atlanta for almost 15 years. It's not bad, but not the best, just like any place I guess you could say. All sorts of friendly people, little 5 point's will show you that. There are people who will fuck you over, especially at night in Atlanta. Don't let anyone know you have money/bud if they ask, and don't take offers from the streets. Lot's of cops, and bad court system's when it comes to green, so don't fuck up around here, a gram could cause jail time, probation, drug classes and lots of money.

Bud comes easy though, if you have the right people to help you, but don't get your hopes up, prices can be high (amazing green though, the county I live in was in hightimes magazine).

Hope you enjoy it here. :D

3. The EAST COAST IS THE ONLY WAY!

4. Thanks so much! I was a bit skeptical of riding to work on my fixie through the city during 6-7pm when I'm riding home, are they pretty safe enough to ride in peace? Although, you can't really say if it will be or not, really anything can happen. Most definitely, won't take sketchy offers in the streets and show the world my money and herb. Thanks for looking out! Means a lot.

5. atlanta is big but ghetto as fuck. dont worry bout the hwole moving and making new friends things, i've lived in 7 states and i'm only 21. you'll be fine there. but atlanta is ghetto.

6. Depends where in Atlanta, if you're near the Georgia State campus it's all good, lots of security and people from the campus are always walking through there, but if you're more south in the city then good luck ;).

You should be alright since it's not getting dark until about 8:30ish or so though. :)

7. I was thinking around this area and maybe this complex?
    Apartments Near Georgia Tech | Marquis Vista > Map & Directions
    (shows google maps, where in Atlanta. It seems like it's pretty much downtown
    but more north-ish.. My office is in 'Buckhead' I think it's called, so I'll be riding north)

Thanks again!

8. I've only been through Atlanta and made a couple of stops there. The people I ran into were nice and helpful (I'm from Wisconsin and needed directions). It's a little too large of a city for me, but I wouldn't miss the opportunity. The job sounds like a great opportunity. Not only money wise, but it can propel your career forward quite a bit if you do a good job. You'll likely have a large pick of jobs throughout the country making Washington and other states a much more likely scenario.

9. sure its safe to drive through atlanta man but it fucking SUCKS driving there, the drivers are fucking RETARDED, the highwys are 6 lanes of complete chaos and madness. give 800,000 people 6 lanes into downtown and you get HELL. but ah well. peachtree st in downtown is pretty sweet.

10. Welcome to the melting P0T.. :))
    Summer is Hot as FUCK here!!
    With the humidity is hard to breath...
    If your a runner.. Bring a tredmill with ya..!!
    The weed here is nice but the cops suck really bad!! (Ego's and AssHoles)

11. I honestly wouldn't worry about it until you end up lost in a random neighborhood.

Most people in the ghetto area's don't even care much for "randoms" (people who are just going to work, school, etc etc...), most violent crimes around here are gang related. Anything else is very rare.

No, problem. :D

12. I'm located in Alpharetta too. What's up brutha/sista. :p:D:wave:

13. my grandparents live there. its ok haha nut the drivers still bloe

14. True that. It takes me 30 minutes to get to work sometimes and it's right down the damn street.

I've been thinking about just getting a bike for a while now.

15. Sweet! I won't worry about it at all! :) I'm also building myself a nice fixed gear when I
    arrive in Atlanta to commute/travel to work for a few months saving gas/money and possibly
    time while trying to commute to work with traffic!

I've been hearing ATL has been getting more bike friendly now.

Ahhh, I bet.. It's going to be different..
    I live in PHX, where it gets to 118f of completely DRY heat..
    Some prefer the humidity over being dried out like a raisin, vice versa. Hopefully, I adjust! :p

Thanks all!

16. I haven't had a lot of experience here but I've had to pay $100-$120 for quads and over $300 for ounces. It's pretty expensive here, but good usually.

17. Not bad.. But until I find connects myself, I'll keep paying my buddies in PHX to send me $260/oz for awhile :smoke: Thanks man!

18. My job pretty much consists of riding a bike around some pretty ghetto parts of Atlanta so you should be fine, although you said fixed gear so I wouldn't go out lookin like some rich Hipster guy or they prolly gonna mess with you. And yeah people can't drive worth shit, the best thing to do is just ignore all traffic rules and do whatever you have to do to make your car move forward. If there is a gap anywhere force your car into it. Forget about your mirrors and focus only on pushing ahead. Traffic is actually not bad at all during the day just avoid any driving during times when people are getting off work.

19. Shit, dunno ATL's prices but based on Not toooo far away, Id personally work out that 260 shit and have that...on deck...The dirty south can get pretty expensive for good drugs. IMO

Good luck OP.