Got a Civil Citation need advise

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BiznessFish, Apr 18, 2017.

1. so about 3 weeks ago a buddy and me got caught in a parking lot around midnight, cop rolls in out of nowhere, smells us and tells us to give him what we've got. we were rolling our last J and tossed it in the trash in my car but there's 4 gs in my friends car next to us. we give him barely half a g we could recover from the trash bag and my buddy gives him the 4 gs from his car (had a testing kit for MDMA and some residue on it so we couldn't afford to be searched and he wasn't satisfied with what he got plus under 10g is all the same in MD). anyway i cant afford for my parents to find out (over 18 but live with my dad whos super harsh and mail goes to my mom) and i really don't want this on my record so i intend to fight it but i really have no idea what to do other than get a lawyer and hope i don't get ripped off. i waited because i didn't want both of our appeals to be too close to each other but time's running out and this is giving me unbelievable anxiety.Help?

2. So... the ticket was just for having less that 10g on you? Not for consuming it publicly? Friend of mine got a ticket for having less than 10g's on him in public in Illinois, and the fine wasn't on any sort of record. I mean, after you pay it at least. Was similar to a parking ticket, or a ticket you can get if you let your lawn get super tall, or leave your trashcans out at the curb too many days past the pickup day. Idk about MD, but if the laws are similar, you may be stressing over nothing but losing your bud and having to shell out however much the ticket is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. No your right it's pretty much a speeding ticket in terms of legal severity and the ticket is "possession of a dangerous schedule 1 drug" actual words on the ticket from the cop... but it will still show up on background checks and i really can't afford that as i'm broke and looking for a job and also trying to hide this from my parents so i'm not homeless too

4. Hmm... Not sure what you could do to keep it off a background check then... Except try and fight it and hope the cop doesn't show up..? If that's your goal though, and he does show up and give a statement, you're down the fuckbarrel a bit more than you would've been. Hiding it from your parents shouldn't be too hard, as long as you can pay it and they don't google you every month. As far as I know, unless the cop knocks on your door to inform your parents of something, the legal system doesn't. Unless you're under 18... which would make me wonder if that ticket would end up on your juvenile record instead...

5. Pigs have good noses. That's why we slaughter them for bacon.

6. OP, I would definitely look closer into your city/state law regarding marijuana possession. Using my state as an example which has decriminalized weed under 1 oz, here is what it states:

"For possession of 25 grams (0.88 ounce) or less, there will be no arrest. No criminal charges. No fingerprinting. No mug shot. No criminal record. If an employer asks a job applicant whether he or she has been convicted or arrested, the correct answer will be no."

Yeah you still may have to go to court in some instances, but as long as you pay your fine/ticket and/or show in court when you are supposed to, you will be golden.

7. ok first of all, how was the cop to know that your friend had a car? Oh you mean the car with 4 grams in it? Not my car, officer......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. My buddy had this happen to him and had nobody to blame but himself, smoking in a park at midnight is absolutely a terrible choice to make and smoking in your vehicle is ABSOLUTELY RETARDED. I am sorry, I am not trying to be an ass, but your out there representing all of us and this is what your doing? We need to make good choices, so that legalization becomes a reality; when your smoking and driving, or smoking in your vehicle, you make it that much harder to make the idea of legalization a reality for all of us.

Do not EVER smoke in your vehicle. At night. Like seriously, what were you thinking?

Anyways, as far as i'm concerned, you make your bed, you lay in it. Hopefully you can deal with laying in it. Good luck OP.

9. This has to be THE dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum. Not your whole post but the part that says "your out there representing all of us". No he is not. He's a 18 year old adult who made A bad decision on where to smoke. OP It may seem crappy now but it will get better. Avoid public places to smoke, especially a public park that I'm sure has a sign saying "open from sunrise to dusk". A cop sees ppl there after hours it's instant suspicion.

10. I allow myself to be represented by the people I associate with. By being here, you are in association. Whether your aware or not, how you conduct yourself is a reflection on the people you associate with, in any context. We are a part of the marijuana community. How is he NOT representing us? "He's 18 and made a bad decision where to smoke..." and where was that bad idea perpetrated? Probably here.

11. Grasscoty!! What's up bro?? I lost my old account and have been trying to reconnect with my Grasscity buddies and here you are lol. Nice to see ya again man!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. ok you're old user name was..........??

13. Iannm304

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Ever since weed has been more decriminalized/legalized, almost everyone is smoking weed now. Which is cool and all. But its not that sort of community anymore like it was once when it was really illegal. Plus how many other people do harder drugs but smoke weed also. Do they also represent the "community" too?

15. Probably not, since there are not people here defending their actions. Seriously, look at this narrative taking place right now; we have a thread full of people saying "Oh, he's just this and that, so he should of been cut a break" and then wonder why people make bad choices like that to begin with.

16. Except smoking weed isn't an inherently "bad" choice. Its not immoral, or wrong. Its ILLEGAL, which gives monetary risk, but you didn't make a bad choice in doing so. The law is wrong as it is anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Your words, not mine. I made no mention of weed alone as a choice, but rather, using it while operating a vehicle. Try to keep up.

18. Dude if ya can afford a lawyr go for it they may be able to knock it down to a lesser charge.....dangerous drug charges will fuck you over for employment...id go for it and expect to get ripped off

19. Except the ticket he got was for having more than "x-amount" on their person, not a DUI. The vehicle is irrelevant, except for the fact that it adds scenery to the story/explains why his friend was there, etc. And,
    I'm not sure what else you're referring to as "bad choices like that" then. Because neither of them were driving while stoned, only smoking in their cars in a parking lot. And the ticket wasn't even for consumption publicly, only possession. Either way, he did nothing immoral or "wrong". Only illegal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. You can't spell incarceration without car. Traffic will be the most stressful aspect of any driver's life. I suggest getting out of the carbon fiber box and smoking under some fresh sunlight and chill air. Public servants will serve the profiles they most frequently target just out of habit.

Since 'marijuana' is the number 1 priority to define criminal activity, virtually all people in the world who consume it are identified, sorted, and labeled as criminals. Delinquency pays with fines and due process of taxed time, so fight the system by ditching the internal combustion engine trap game.