Got a 3DS XL, what should I get?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Omega369, Jul 26, 2013.

1. I got a 3DS XL for free from work, I bought Luigis Mansion to play.

This is a super fun handheld console. I'm looking for some suggestions on my next purchases.

I'm thinking:
    Zelda: Ocarina of time 3d, Fire emblem, Mario Kart 7 and Donkey Kong are on my to buy list. But I need some suggestions for downloads from the Nintendo shop.

Is star fox 3d any good?

2. #2 Spyder, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
    Just got one, myself. So far I'm liking Oot and MH3 Ultimate a lot.

Also have SSFIV and Star Fox, both are good but not great in my opinion. Those are games I'll just play every now and then, for short periods of time.

Next on the list is a Mario/Luigi title. Either Luigi's Mansion, Mario 3d Land, or NSMB2.

Also debating on getting Fire Emblem from the shop, but idk if it's my style. Never liked ff tactics, or any grid based rpg, but it has really good reviews.

Not much help since I'm pretty much in the same boat, but I thought I'd chime in.

3. Fire Emblem and MK7 are definite ones you should pick up!

4. Neat! I just picked up Mario Kart 7, Star Fox and a circle pad pro XL this week. I'm torn in between getting Fire Emblem or Monster Hunters 3.

5. If you like rpg's the dragon quests for ds are good

6. Try out both of the demos before you get one, but I would say get Fire Emblem. I don't know what type of games you prefer, but MH3 sucked in my opinion. Fire Emblem is endless hours of fun.

7. pokemon! Pokemon! POKEMON!
    (slow chant)

8. #9 Spyder, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013

I love MH. I can see why some people may not like it, but if you're already a fan then you have to get MH3. The ridiculous amount of armor/weapons plus other shenanigans makes this game endless fun imo.

Demos are a great idea though.

I played Fire Emblem's demo this morning and I just got done downloading it. Playing MH3 with my brother then probably start FE tonight. Not a strategy fan but I love to customize and there seems to be a lot of that.

And as mentioned, you can't go wrong with good old Pokemon. X and Y will be out soon, so that should be cool. Playing a bit of Black 2 now and it's alright. Lots to do but the Pokemon look dumb.

Really wish I could find a copy of HeartGold or SoulSilver but they're either sold out or really expensive online. Depressing.

9. 99gamers.com is a great place to buy all kinds of games for cheap. It's really legit too. Doesn't look like soul silver is available right now, but someone is selling Heart Gold for $30..little pricey though. 

10. I'd rep ya if I could.

$30 isn't that bad, really. It's going for like $80 on Amazon and everywhere else is $30 but sold out.

Definitely looking into that site.