Gorilla Grow Tent 10X10 Need Help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Canadian420, May 2, 2014.

1. Well i just ordered from my local hydro store a 10 x 10 gorilla grow tent. He was going to help me with what to put in it but he was busy as hell and alot of costumers at the store. He ended up saying to shoot him a email with my ideas and he'll whip it all together with a order.

So my part, i need help, this IS my first grow, money is not really a setback here, I'm just really bad with the different types of gear and all that. 

Basically i want to fill the tent as far as it can go, looking for either 2 1000w lights or 4 400w lights is what he was saying my best idea would be. I'm basically optimizing this tent for big yeilds for the grow. I'm not 100% sure if i want to flower in this tent or get something else to flower in.

Any suggestions out there with good products etc? ALL RECCOMENDATIONS please  lol

Thanks in advance guys/girls

2. 10x10 = 100 sq ft

If you use: (4) 1kw lights @145,000 lumens you'd be getting 5800 lumens per sq ft.

If you use: (4) x 600w @ 90,000 lumens you'd be getting 3600 lumens per sq ft

Up to you bro, but I think the 600's are vastly underpowered for that size grow. Even with 1kw'ers you'll need more than 4 IMO :bongin:

hmmmm true, maby this guy doesnt know his stuff as well as i thought or i didnt understand

4. You would be okay with 4 x 1000W MH/HPS. The more light the better, obviously. 4 x 600W is definitely not enough for a 10x10 tent.

5. Personally I think you'll be ok with the lights but if you have some extra cash grab an LED as well. I would definitely use the 10x10 to flower and get a smaller lite line tent maybe for veg? I'm running 4x600w in an 8x8 gorilla with 1 ft extender. First time working with the tents and about a wk in. I purchased a small LED for about $60 cheap and used to throw up and pick up any footprint missed by the lights if need be. Keep me posted on your progress.

How many crops are you throwing up?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Got to get lil better checking things out boss this post was two years ago might be best with pm but bump so maybe you get your answer