Google being a bitch

Discussion in 'General' started by sk8rsian, Jul 2, 2011.

1. So about 3 weeks ago i was chillin on my computer (Compq Presario C62 Laptop) and whenever i google searched something and clicked on one of the links that it gave me, it'd take me to some scam website...or just some random ass website like yellow pages or match.com. That really pissed me off cuz it refused to go to the right websites and i kept getting random pop ups and stuff. i finally got to the point where i was so irritated with technology that i threw my wireless mouse at the screen..and cracked it.
    -_____-

So i had to pay 100 bucks for a new screen and then took four hours replacing the screen by myself. I turned on my computer, installed and ran spybot, and guess what? google is STILL fucking with my computer. and now yahoo is doing it too. can anyone tell me if this is something i can fix? it's sooooo annoying :/

:confused:

2. Download Microsoft Security Essentials and run a full scan. You will have to remove all your other antivirus software. If that doesn't pick up anything then you might be best off reformatting your computer.

3. dude, chill. ever heard of pop-up blocker?

4. First smoke a blunt second throw your laptop away. Done deal.

5. This.

6. How do you know how to replace a computer monitor but don't understand the mechanics of a simple virus lol..

7. idk about anyone else, but at the mere sign of a cough from my computer and it gets formatted..

8. Its adware. Last poster is right... Altering organic google search results is the sign of a very malicious and (actually well made) intelligent trojan.

You should format and reinstall Windows.

Also since one of the sites you're being redirected to is match, odds are your cookies are being overwritten/constantly written with referral ids.

9. Or find some Computer wiz and pay him $50 to fix it.

10. download and install malwarebytes and update to the latest version. Then scan and that should remove the spyware or virus.