Good Water For Hydro?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by twinn77, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Ok I started using tap water in my bubbleponics system it has a ppm of 108. I bought a zerowater water filtration system, now my ppm level is 3. Do I need to ad Cal Mag to my nutrient solution?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. depends on nutes you're using. If you're using Lucas formula I would recommend adding the calmag. Otherwise watch for signs of calcium or mg deficiencies and add if needed. Imop when it comes to your soup, less is more.  

3. 108 is pretty low anyway, it would have been fine. If you are using hard water nutes then you will definitely need to add Ca, Fe, and Mg but if you are using soft water nutes you may not need to add any because it will have a higher dose of these in it

4. I'm using heavy 16 a and b if that tells you anything

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I also use the full line of heavy 16. I haven't had to add anything else and my girls always look great. I use spring water for the initial res and mix and I top off with tap every night. They're drinking 2 liters a day right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Spring water will most likely have plenty of elements in it, so it won't matter if your nutes are lacking in Ca, Mg, & Fe. But water that has a ppm level of 3? That's just got nothing in it at all. You would need to add everything. I would buy a supplement to replace the elements lost in the filtration process. With tap water of 108 I would just use that. It's pretty low so you may need to add a supplement even then