Good seeds, bad seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Adult_Toke, Sep 28, 2007.

1. I was hoping someone could help me figure out if some seeds I dug out of a recent bag are any good. From what I've read, it sounds like the pale ones are immature seeds and won't sprout, and the brownish/blackish ones are potentially good?

I'm thinking about trying my first grow and I just wanna start with seeds that aren't anything special.

Hope this pics are good for what you need.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yeah those brown seeds will work thats what i used i got my seeds out of some mids i bought and im doing my 1st grow now on the 12th day since i planted. Good luck

3. the biggest brown seeds are going to be the ones that germinate and grow the best. throw the light brown/green ones away. they are immature and not good for anything.

4. Size of the seed does not indicate anything. Not only could little seeds be viable, they could grow out big, potent plants.

Usually viable seeds are brown or grey, could have black spots or stripes or not. Not viable usually are white, green, or black. Only one way to know for sure, though -- germ 'em.

5. i didn't know that....learn something new every day i guess

6. Yeah, the size is more a genetic trait than anything. Some strains tend to have smaller seeds, some tend to have larger seeds.

7. why waste them anyways? rule out the ones that wont work, then start germinating. you could be using these free seeds on learning, then buy good shit once you know whtas up. personally, i wouldnt waste any seeds.

8. I'd say germinate them all and then you'll know which ones are good and which ones are bad.

9. Drop em in water, the ones that float will have the highest chance of germination, or at least in my experience.