good plant food

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FACEtheZOMBIE, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Ive got fox farms ocean Forrest soil so my next question what plant food do i need like the big bloom or grow big or the tiger bloom? Whats a good one thats affordable or do i really need any since the soil itself is pretty damn good from what ive heard.

Thanks!

2. Fox farms, advanced nutrients, general hydroponics, and general organics, all work well.

Its really more about the grower to start with, and any of these will work until you really learn more about watching the plants to see what they need.

3. [quote name='"joker865"']Fox farms, advanced nutrients, general hydroponics, and general organics, all work well.

Its really more about the grower to start with, and any of these will work until you really learn more about watching the plants to see what they need.[/quote]

Oh ok cool ill check into these.
    Thanks!

4. per cubic foot of foxfarms add:

1 cup organic kelp meal 1-0-2
    1 cup organic alfalfa me 3-1-2
    1 cup mineral dust 0-1-1
    1/2 cup organic fish bone meal 3-16-0

total cost (by pound) to amend CF FFOF =75 cents

5. how old are your plants? usually, pre-ferted mediums can use a little added nutes to properly feed your plants. kind of depends what your plants are telling you. when i was in soil, i used a bog soil mix with things like blood/bone meal added. bog suggested using bottled nutes at a reduced rate, so you can't really use the manufacturers suggested strengths. again, apply some base nutes depending on what your plants are asking for......

6. I use Fox Farms Ocean Forrest Soil and Nute Trio (the three u listed) with great results. The soil itself only has enough nutes in it for a couple of weeks in veg. :bongin:

7. actually, the soil does not have ANY nutes, it has some plant based amendments and some minerals, both of which should last longer (between 1-3 years) than a few months if you support the microbes that are releasing these elements to your plants. I recommend adding the 75 cents of amendments, in addition to redworm compost writhing with redworms, to the soil, to facilitate more mineral breakdown. Of course once you pour caustic fertilizers all over the micro and macro soil creatures, don't be surprised if "the nutes run out"..

8. I definatly recommend using all three.

you can pick them up from $30 amazon or up to $55 in stores....
    i paid i think 55 for my trio

and 35 for the ff open sesame.....i think i got ripped there tho.

9. i just planted the seed this morning actually, a pravada kandy kush:] ill definately keep looking for nutes though seeing as i have some time to track something good down.

10. cool man ill do some price checking on that stuff!

11. what happened with the open sesame? which one is that lol

12. open sesame npk is 5-45-19
    You use it the week before flowering and 2 weeks during flowering

"For use during early ripening"
    "Promotes vigorous flowering and multiple bud development"

but remember...its very strong stuff so dont over do the instructions

follow the fox farms schedule

[​IMG]

Next year I am going to be using the ENTIRE line-up

13. have fun smoking shitty tasty weed!

14. by what? using fox farms?

15. grow big and tiger bloom specifically + all solubles

16. what do you use?

17. [quote name='"Project ICE"']

I definatly recommend using all three.

you can pick them up from $30 amazon or up to $55 in stores....
    i paid i think 55 for my trio

and 35 for the ff open sesame.....i think i got ripped there tho.[/quote]

I found the trio and the other trio and got them all for about 25$ ones set is4 fluid oz and the other set 20g packages i figured this will work for now.

18. Cheap ...yes....but you will go through that pretty fast

Make sure you follow the fox farm soil schedule though!

19. [quote name='"Project ICE"']Cheap ...yes....but you will go through that pretty fast

Make sure you follow the fox farm soil schedule though![/quote]

Yeah i save the schedule to my phone how long do you think it will last

20. the main trio is 32 oz per bottle.....and the powder trio is 450 grams per can

how many plants do you have and how tall are they