Good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by FutureTech101, Jul 11, 2011.

1. So my theory is recirculated air. Basically, ducting would run from my exhaust fan to a box which contains dry ice. The dry ice would be used to co2 treat the air, cool the air (not much cooling is needed in my setup because my LED light only burns at 83 degrees Fahrenheit), and hopefully would control humidity.

Any comments?

2. I dunno anything about dry ice other than you can probably enter the grow room in the most dramatic fashion with lights beaming down on a bed of dry ice cloud.

3. If you search, every closed environment FAILS.

Even the space station garden has to replenish certain gasses.

If you want to augment your grow with the CO2 that wouldn't hurt.

4. I guess my big question right now is can dry ice create a toxic environment inside my apartment? I open the windows every night that it gets cool enough. But I found out it sublimates at a rate of 5-10 lbs per 24 hours. how much co2 is that and will it be toxic to me, my girlfriend or my dog?

5. CO2 Toxicity

6. I appreciate the link, but it says nothing about dry ice in particular. if it sublimates at 5lbs per hour, how concentrated will it make a 7xx sq ft apt in 72 hours (considering that we don't open the windows for three days due to extreme heat). I'm looking for someone to tell me, do not do it, its not safe, or, because you open your windows a lot, it won't matter.

7. Your not reading the original post man. I wanted dry ice for the cooling effects too. I was also trying to avoid cutting holes in the wall for ventilation purposes. But so far 0-2. two people say its a bad idea. any others?

8. #9 Tihspeed, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No.....your wrong,i read it.....thus my links...cut holes or grow outside

9. #10 jollyrancher1, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    I am not gonna do the math, but 5lb's of CO2 into any un vented room isn't a good idea.

You need to calculate in cubic feet.

Here is the formula:

CO2 Enrichment Guide | The Gardens Cure

8.741 cu ft of co2 gas in one lb of liquefied co2

1 lb of dry ice is gonna be roughly the same.

10. Bad idea. No way to meter it, no way to really control it. It would also get expensive. If you want to do CO2 get a proper kit.

11. Thank you all for steering me away from a possibly fatal mistake. I was under the impression dry ice was a lot more harmless. And I hope I didn't offend you by saying you didn't read, you just never mentioned anything about the air cooling effects. Should I even mess with co2? I just am tired of getting shitty yields and want to get something nice this grow for a change.... (/endrant) And if I cut a hole in my wall, do you think my neighbors will notice? (I live in an apartment) Smell? I do have a phresh filter, but I don't know how well it works...

12. Better to only grow how your doing now....wait till you have a better place to grow

Nothing is worth getting pinched

CO2 would greatly improve your yield....but you have to move air

So start looking to move....problem solved...good luck bro

13. I don't think I would get pinched, I have my card, I just worry about the apartments trippin and possibly getting evicted. Or someone wanting my crop/equipment enough to b&e.

But ya, I am planning on moving as soon as I can. I'll figure something else better for then. You don't even think I should exhaust through the wall (without co2)?

14. i wouldn't cut threw walls.... its not your place... thats just me

15. We'll make a note for the autopsy report......

Dry Ice is a VERY BAD idea