Good or bad bug on cannabis plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ngrower35, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Hi guys, my first post here, but been reading for a while
    So this is my first grow, outdoors and yesterday I spraied my three plants with neem oil as i noticed spidermites. As I was watching my plants today I noticed this larva. Do you know what it is? Is it bad? My first thought was a very young ladybug but they should be black right? I’m attaching some pictures, it was biting me at the time of shooting
    Thanks for answers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hi mate your pictures aint showing for me ,,but lady bug larva are a blackish gray in color loook like bloody little monsters lol..ugly things lol,,, lady bugs do bite ,,try again posting the pictures mac,,

3. Yeah pics are a no show, try again

4. I think this should work now

Attached Files:

5. #6 ngrower35, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Compared to aphids, mine looks more elongated, I don't know :huh:

Edit: after some research I think that this is one of the thrip’s life stages. F*cking bugs, i hope neem will help

6. #7 MrFooey, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Not an aphid.

I think you got it. Thrips.
    Pyrethrin is effective on thrips.

7. Yes. Thrips! That’s a big one. I got rid of them with lots of ladybugs. Check amazon. IMG_8414.JPG here is a smaller on under scope

Eagleyedye

8. What do you think about neem oil? You think it will do anythink against thrips over time? Thank you.

9. I’m wrong. It’s a lacewing larva and it’s a good guy.

Eagleyedye

10. I’m confused now

11. I thought it was a thrip. But it was large with no wings. I showed it to my co worker who is a entomologist. She identified it as a lacewing larve. All bugs have a life cycle and they change. I believe the larvea stage is just before the adult stage. Anyway, they are predatory bugs and good for your plants. They will eat smaller bad bugs. Like thrips if there were any on plant. Ppl pay money for them as well as ladybugs. hope it layed eggs

Eagleyedye

12. Sounds like good news but I threw it away, damn it haha :wacko: