Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by daChRISGUY, Aug 20, 2012.

1. In my opinion, the Modest Mouse album "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" is one of the best albums ever made. Ever.

What do you guys think? :smoke:

2. One of the best, lolol... Yeah I'll get banned for even giving my opinion.

3. #3 didier12, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
    I wouldn't go that far, but it is a damn good album after a few spins. I found it quite bland at first listen but I gave it a chance and it was really worth it. Reminds me of Flaming Lips mixed with the Pixies.

I love this track off it. You missed, you missed the earth folding in on itself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPhnOKmhbBw]Modest Mouse - Ocean Breathes Salty - YouTube[/ame]

4. Not even among their Top 3.

And Modest Mouse aren't exactly "GREATEST OF ALL TIME" material. They're more above average indie rock that you listen to in high school/college then slowly grow out of as you discover better music.

5. Like I said, in my opinion. Some would say otherwise as you or some would agree with you.

6. maybe in the top 10 of 2004, but all time? really?

7. Like I had stated previously, it was in my opinion.

8. mate, if your going to post opinions on a public forum and make an entire thread dedicated to your opinion then you should probably be prepared for people to disagree with you and maybe explain why you think what you do. instead of just constantly reiterating that it is your opinion.

obviously it's your opinion. but you asked people what they think and now your getting answers.

9. pwnt.

10. Excellent post, couldn't have put it better myself.

I loathe when people pull out the "well that's just like your opinion, man" on a music discussion forum. The entire point of these forums is to share your opinions with other people.

11. whats wrong with modest mouse? yea they haven't put out a record in awhile - and i admit their older stuff is better to me. But they are a really good band, and isaac brock writes some amazing lyrics. The fruit that ate itself is one of the most clever songs i've ever heard.

But i think This is a Long Drive For Someone with Nothing to Think About is their best album of all time. every song i know on bass and guitar and love oh so dearly.

glad to see theres another MM fan on gc! :D

12. its their worst album imo. Its missing Jeremiah Green who is one of my favorite drummers of all time and the songwriting just seems really uninspired to me.
    If this thread were about The Lonesome Crowded West I'd be inclined to agree though. That album is a show-stopper.