Good MMO's...

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by dom12, Nov 26, 2011.

1. I love RPG's so naturally I really like MMORPG's. Years back, I used to play Runescape and Maplestory (When I was younger hahaha, don't hate) and now I find myself with a lot of free time and I want to start a new one up again. I tried the WoW trial and just couldn't get into it AT ALL despite everyone saying how addictive it is... I just didn't see it :confused:

Basically I'm looking for a relatively new MMO game that's actually fun and has a good amount of replay value. I like a lot of different things, so any ideas are welcome. Thanks! :smoke:

Oh yeah.. And bonus points if the game is really good while blazed hahaha :smoke:

2. Diablo3 is coming out . When it does I'm getting an intervenus and a cathider

3. All MMOs are more or less like WoW, if you don't like WoW you wont like any other MMOs in my opinion, at least not current ones, perhaps ones currently in development will be better, like SWTOR or Guild Wars 2, but I have not been following those games as I am not much of an MMO fan, so I don't know how they differ from current MMOs, but they might offer something new and fun, should check them out.

edit: Diablo 3 isn't an MMO ^

4. Well, then your opinion is wrong hahaha. I strictly said I love MMO's so I don't understand why you said that.

Anyway, I've been looking at SWTOR and most people on the websites forum says the game is crap haha.. Might check out GW2 though, thanks for your help.

5. Get d3 when it comes out , I promise it will be a revolution In no life gaming

6. Well what is it? I saw Diablo II on youtube and the viewpoint looks retarded and it's not an MMO as hippieflip said so... Not really relevant hahaha :wave:

7. There aren't any good ones out really atm. Go for GW2 when it's released. SWTOR is nothing but hype, and whose only replay value is simply to experience the class stories. Aside from that, the game is pretty poorly developed. Maybe down the line it will be updated and fixed, but I would avoid it for the time being.

8. [quote name='"dom12"']

Well what is it? I saw Diablo II on youtube and the viewpoint looks retarded and it's not an MMO as hippieflip said so... Not really relevant hahaha :wave:[/quote]

If you say so . Your missing out terribly my friend , diablo 2 was like my childhood rofl

9. Yeah, your right... MMO's really are sucking these days. GW2 seems almost childish to me but I can't really judge the game by looking at a couple videos of it... Ugh.. Back to skyrim I guess :cool:

10. the only MMO I really liked was FF11 but its kinda old now, had awesome story lines though, the newer ones are all pretty much wow clones though its true.

as for diablo 3, while its not technically an mmorpg, its still a multiplayer online action rpg and if you love rpgs like you claim you will undoubtedly love a dungeon crawler like diablo. not only that I don't see how you could mention liking runescape and then call the viewpoint in diablo retarded...they both have overhead 3rd person POV >_> also, diablo 3 will be better than any mmorpg currently in existence.

runescape
    [​IMG]

diablo2
    [​IMG]

11. Few years old now but warhammer online I loved!!

12. @Yagyujubei I don't know what the fuck I was looking at then cause it didn't look like anything close to what you posted right there haha.. My fault

13. No you didn't, you said you love RPGSs and went on to say you liked MMOs, but then said you did not like WoW, which doesn't add up since every MMO nowadays is pretty much the same concept as WoW, if you can't at least slightly enjoy WoW I think there is no way you can really love any current MMO.

14. [quote name='"pinacolaaadas"']There aren't any good ones out really atm. Go for GW2 when it's released. SWTOR is nothing but hype, and whose only replay value is simply to experience the class stories. Aside from that, the game is pretty poorly developed. Maybe down the line it will be updated and fixed, but I would avoid it for the time being.[/quote]

We must have played different versions of TOR. I thought it was great.

15. I tend to agree with him on this one. I tried TOR and apart from the awesome cut scenes, the rest of the game seemed like crap. I'm actually really glad I didnt pre-order like I had planned on doing.