Good light and Grow Kit?? Help please

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ant420ftp, Aug 30, 2013.

1. I got 600$ and I want to get a nice tent setup and lighting .. I plan on using this during the winter times in my green house which will be heated to a comfortable degree probably in the low 70's my question is is this a good tent.. and or I might just get this light you think its a good light.. I don't have much experience with metal halide also want to know if it's good for veg and flower ???
    thank you in advance I want to order soon

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Metal halide is for veg and hps for flower they also make combo bulbs for both.

3. You can make a good room out of panda film and pvc pipe. Much cheaper, save ur money for the stuff that matters more I.e nutes, fans, lighting, ph tester

4. The only problem I see with make my own with PVC is strength I'll be pissed when I come home in the house burnt down because I decided to cheat out on the tent I've heard a bunch of problems with big lights like that falling.... From s***** tents... So I need to get the light that has a combo metal halide and HPS thanks for all the info

5. I already have everything except for the lights and tent

6. Well like I said with a roll of panda film and some pvc u can make just as good a grow room for half the cost

7. I might just check that out man but the PVC you want give under that 31 pounds light

8. I see what ur saying,

9. Just put some thought in to it I'm sure u can come up with something to counter the weight

10. But as far as lights go I've heard from a few people on here that the light ur looking at is pretty good but how many plants u planning on having

11. I'm growing with cfls right now

12. I don't know I'm maybe 3 or 4 or just too I tried CFLs I wasn't impressed so I want ride HPS

13. I'm just saying with a 400 w metal halide you'll need some side lighting. I recommend a couple 68 watt cfls

14. Okay okay how about a4 foot t5 lighting that holds 3 bulbs because I already have one of those at my house

15. Yea I'm second guessing sending that company $600 to the Internet I don't know I just don't trust that s*** because I'm not rich by any means I'd be a big loss

16. Htg supply is one of the most reputable hydroponic supply sites on the web, don't worry about that

17. That's what I needed someone to tell me that it was a good site thank you because I've never used it and just came across it and didn't know anything about it

18. I never used metal halide or HPS if I go with the cheaper version with just doing a reflector without the cooling tube would it be hard to keep the temperature down in a tent2x4x7