Good grow room setup?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Mira, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Basically, I want to use the small alcove closet behind the door in the picture. You can sort of understand from the picture that the smaller closet (the grow room) shares a wall with the regular closet. I want to run my ventilation through that wall (putting 2 4" holes in the wall) out into the main closet and vent it out into the bedroom.

[​IMG]

The smaller closet is larger than it looks, it's just over 4 feet high (4x3x8 is about right).

Does this sound like a good setup, keeping the door to the smaller closet closed except when entering the closet to water, etc?

Seems like a pretty good idea to me and it's the best potential setup I can think of at my duplex, there are no full sized closets that you can really walk into here. Thanks for any help and critique!

:smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. Your dimensions confuse me...

You say: 4 feet high (4x3x8 is about right)..

L x W x H

So as you wrote it, the size is 4' Long x 3' Wide, and 8' High...
    But you say 4' height...

Correct me if I'm wrong here..
    8' Long (deep) x 3' Wide x 4' High...

If so, then that going to be rough tending them...
    I'm pretty fit and I need at least 1-1/2', anything under and I'm brushing against the plants as I go by..
    So how you going to tend the last one 6' away without going in there??? :confused:

I say put a tent in the corner of a bedroom and roll with that....
    Most tents contain the light pretty well, and with a little foil tape, can be light proof... :confused_2:

3. #3 Mira, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
    Sorry, I didn't realize the order of dimensions matter! The dimensions are this: 3 feet long (as in if I walked through the door and went straight I could go 3 feet), 8 feet wide (as in, from left to right when looking through the door) and 4 feet high. I can access the center of the crop via the door so the furthest plant should be around 3 feet away, I could stagger them slightly to give myself a little bit of extra room. FWIW I am a skinny as shit dude. So i should be able to access each plant arranged in single file, right?

I'm sort of set on not doing a tent for stealth reasons.

Edit: also thanks for your input either way, I appreciate any help you can give!

4. Ohhhhh, I see now....
    I have the same thing upstairs in my house where they converted the attic...

Ya, you could do it on your hands and knees if you a small dude or a skinny hot babe... LMFAO :eek:
    The chamber I setup now I allocated 1-1/2' walk space, so I'm going to be on my hands and knees a lot in there.... :D

5. Haha well I will definitely be on my hands and knees for this grow unfortunately (really wish I had a walk in closet like my old place), but that is IMO the least of my worries. After all from what I've read there's really no reason to spend more than a maximum of maybe 15 minutes in there at any time anyway.

I do believe that if this is a successful operation that any future grows will be smaller, 2 plant grows, I am doing 5 plants for this one just to stock up in case it's so hard I never want to do it again (who knows?).

Preventing mold and pests and some of the finer aspects of nutrients are the only things I have yet to tackle.

6. LOTS of air movement and keep the RH in the 50s...

Spray before you start the build...

OMG, hurry!!!
    Close that can of worms right now!!! :D

I use GH and AN and that's ALL I'm gunna say about that.... ;)