Good grow kit for a first timer?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dost, Feb 23, 2011.

1. #1 dost, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
    Hey guys ive been doing some research and im looking to grow at least 1 plant, max 4. Probably try to grow some Bubba or something similar once i get the hang of it with some cheaper seeds.

I was thinking of gettin this grow kit, and was wondering what you guys thought about the lights, filter etc... In the 2' x 2' x 4' tent area would i be able to grow 4 plants with these lights?

Comes with your choice of 8 x 24W fluorescent bulbs:

8 x 6500 K Daylight (for plant growth or seedlings) or
    8 x 3000 K Warm (for fruiting & flowering) or
    4 x 6500 K and 4 x 3000 K for a Full Spectrum effect

Bustan - Toronto Hydroponics Grow Lights Nutrients Hydroponic Supplies Canada

Thanks a lot.

2. With t5's I wouldn't waste the money on a grow tent. Some cheap poly plastic and some cheap inline fans would do the trick. T5's don't throw off crazy amounts of heat in my opinion. I have a buddy who bought a 6 bulb t5 setup and grows five to six plants in an open room and still gets about 1 1/2 ounces a plant. Don't waste money on those already made systems. A little work and you can do just fine with the light and a few minor accessories.

3. You should go with a hps and not buy a package u can most likely get it cheaper if you piece it together. i suggest Hydroponic Systems - Hydroponics, Advanced Nutrients, Grow Lights, and all the supplies for your home garden and grow room needs.

Growbox: Grow Lab 60 - HYDROPONICS - HS-GBGL-GL60

Light: Package ~ Yld Mstr6 - 400 - GROW LIGHTS - DP-LSYM6-400

Filter: CAN 2600 - Charcoal Filter - CLIMATE CONTROL - OD-CHCN-2600

Fan: Oracle Fan - 4" - CLIMATE CONTROL - SPECIALS - VT-IFO-CF4

Im to high to see if all that costs more but you get the idea, Also try Htgsupply.com they give you free stuff with your purchase like free lighter and little stuff like that

4. ok cool guys, thanks