good grow box?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by afro_beast, Nov 5, 2010.

1. im thinking about starting a micro grow and this is the only box that i can come up with right now that will be stealthy. the dimensions are approx. 15x11x10.
    is it gonna be too small? im not looking for a lot of product just something for a first experience. and i was looking at these seeds 60 Day Wonder - DNA Genetics Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds

thanks for the input :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. Total box height based on images? about 13"
    could you grow something? Yeah, but it'll have to go 12/12 from seed and do a lot of training...or maybe not, seems like it'd be hard to fit lights in it.

Is it a usable box? Yes. You may have problems. Think something like 13" of TOTAL interior space....MINUS the height of your pot and the space your lights take up. Which means you SHOULD have something like 20-21" tall for a good case. Close to 2' is a good micro grow that will yeild anything worth the while.

3. Now I have a question, when size is a limit you obv cant wait until the plant is at full height. So how do you clip it pre-mature?

4. You just don't veg for a long time. It is possible to go from cloning to straight flowering but you won't yield as much since there's only going to be a few bud sites.

You can always try to super top and lst your plant if size is a concern.

5. super top? im sorry

6. #6 centurion, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010
    hmm, you'd be cutting it real close, but it could work... Make sure the CFLs are attached to the side as close to the top as you can, that way you'll have a little more space and they would illuminate the plant better then if you had them attached to the ceiling.

You'd probably also have to start the LST process pretty quick, and top the plant as well.

Also, avoid Sativa strains and try and find indicas (or strains known for being short and bushy).

I don't particularly agree with having to start it at 12/12, but I wouldn't have it vegging more than 4 weeks (I'd also probably top it twice within those four weeks). As a worst case scenario, just imagine the plant doubling in size during flowering, to get a good sense of when to switch to 12/12 (if you choose not to start the plant off that way).

good luck, seems like a fun little experiment

Edit: looking at your second pic... I hope you plan on cutting that wood to extend the height by a good 3 to 4 inches. Also, not quite sure how stealthy it would be when the light is glowing through the screen (not to mention the issue of smell leaking out). Have you tried looking for a cardboard box? That worked great for me.