good filesharing/p2p sites?

Discussion in 'General' started by weedzilla420, Nov 7, 2005.

1. hey gc,
    i was hoping someone could give me some links to some good p2p or filesharing websites. i want to start burning my own music now i've got a decent computer. i read one got shut down today (think it was called grokster or something).
    anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    peace and happy toking.

2. limewire

soulseek

search for them

be sure to get anti-virus software though..

3. Do people still use Limewire and stuff like that?

-Brian

4. Yeah Brian they do..

LimeWire PRO 4.9.36
    Ares v. 1.8.7
    Bearshare lite
    And best of all the BitTorrent network!!

5. yup i use torrentspy.com

6. limewire, soulseek or whatever i used it HORRIBLE dont use it

7. LOL thanks for clearing that up. We posted at the same time....

-Brian

8. I like limewire. Only thing I can make work.

9. Limewire here as well, Works the best. Once you get limewire just download limewire pro from it. haha

If your looking for Movies, Games, and what not. Try www.torrentspy.com

I downloaded GTA San Andreas for the computer for free. Its cool.

10. Limewire all the way.

It's funny, they operate on the same legal thing as a headshop. Their software isnt for movies or music. Headshop's bongs "arent" for weed.

11. FUCK limewire.. ive had MANY MANY p2p programs soulseek is by far the BEST if you have a bit of computer skills cause if u have a router its a bitch to setup if u dont know how to foward ports (if u do have a router try googling "port fowarding" "router-name") but soulseek = THE GREATEST p2p for MUSIC ONLY realy :\

For movies / games .. torrentspy is ok .. isohunt is a good one .. use the program 'bitlord' to use torrents .. again torrents require some computer skill :\ but there quite simple once u get hang of it!

PM me if u need any help!

12. soulseek is the best in my opinion, unless you decide to pay for your music.

13. If you have a little bit of computer skills and a large file sharing folder:D

DC++ will bring you what you want. Its all there...just have to look.

Tho its not the most user friendly

:p

14. you can find any music you need on IRC channels, as stated above. for the most simple interface though, i would go with limewire. remember that cd quality is 192kbps, not 128, as some people belive. im hella fucked on some dxm

15. i went to several of the above listes sites and they all require a credit card to download the program. i was looking for a free filesharing site.

16. Then you didn't go to limewire.com

Get basic, its FREE.