Good fert for flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmallSmoke, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Can someone recommend a good fert for using while flowering? What kind of NPK value am I looking for? IS a 10-15-10 good or should I go with more?

Also, what brand. Miracle grow is pretty much the only readily available thing around here. There are no garden stores around here so I will mostly have to stick to home depot to pick up these nutes.

Thanks for any help. IT is a soil grow.

2. Most growers on here discourage using Miracle Grow. I can't say, since I haven't used it.

I DO like Fox Farm's products, available online. Using Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom right now and my crop is looking beautiful.

3. There certainly are many choices for flowering nutes out there. You sound pretty uncertain about your situation. SmallSmoke has very good FF nutes there, and would probably recomment them to you. Other experienced people like Drbudgreengenes, uses just Shultz 10-15-10 for the whole grow.

I know for sure the Depot carries schultz 10-15-10. I used FF grow big and big bloom for my first try, but I will be using Schultz for my 2nd try...I'll let you know in 2 months how it goes, lol!

4. FF Tiger Bloom is highly recommended by most gardeners of any kind. Any non-time release fert which is high in phosphorus (the P in NPK) should do the trick. MG is fine... it's just the same as any other chemical fertilizer.

5. Can anyone receommend a residual that I can sprinkle on or mix in the top couple inches of soil when they start flowering.. I won't be around one grow site too often but they'll get enough rain in the afternoons that if I can release the nutrients that way they'll be good.

Thanks.

6. I have read a cool article in the outdoor section talking about what to burry around the grow site for just what your talking about...using rain water runoff to feed the nutrients burried around the site to the plants.

If I have time to find it, I'll put a link to it here.