Good driver discount a conspiracy?

Discussion in 'General' started by Majestic Raven, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Does anyone else think that the good driver discount is a way to further the agenda that people have had for years?
    For those who don't know, you pay through the fucking nose for car insurance when you are 16-25. But you get a roughly 20% discount when you get a 3.00gpa in school. What does school have to do with my driving abilities?

Maybe it's just me but I feel like everyone pushes education on you and talks about how important school is and what not. But I feel like this is a way to try forcing people to work hard at school so they can save money(which is what my parents have done). Possibly a way to keep poor people/minorities down? I think yes. If anything spending more time studying for school and doing homework would prevent you from driving, getting more practice, and becoming a better driver.

Is it just me:confused: I'm going to write Joe rogan and or Adam carolla tomorrow and see what their thoughts on this are. If I get a response I will let everyone know. But please discuss, I would love to hear some opinions on the topic

2. Get your tin foil hats.

3. makes sense.

4. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond then:confused:

5. Discount for good gpa??!! I have a 4.0 and nobody told me about this. *calls insurance company*

6. #7 Alrex, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I have a 5.0 gpa

7. I have the highest gpa possible in my school's system.

8. #9 Alrex, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    What NINE THOUSAND?!

9. That's actually possible in some high schools.

10. Adam Carolla preaches education for kids over everything lol, you ever listen to his podcasts?

A 3.0 is having a B average with a few C's sprinkled around, that shouldnt be hard to accomplish at all in high school.

11. Yes I do listeno his podcasts. A 3.0 is getting all Bs and no Cs. I just personally don't see what school has to do with drivin and why I need to pay 200 dollars more a year if I get a 2.83. And I'm in college.

12. People seem to think that if you have a high gpa, you're smart. In most cases, that's probably true but with the public school system a 3.0 just means you show up to class and aren't a complete moron. As for the insurance, smart people make smart decisions such as not speeding or driving recklessly which means less chance of an accident and less costs for the insurance company.

13. it seems the better your credit is the better rate and the better the insurance program you can be in.

that sounds stupid since good credit doesn't mean you can drive well.

14. Doesnt have to do shit with driving, companies can offer whatever incentives they want, you dont think offering a discount to boost efforts in school is a positive externality? I have a 3.50 gpa, going into my senior year as a finance major, so what? Anyone can work hard and get a 3.0 or above, sorry man dont mean to attack you OP just seems like your point is lost on me lol.