Good dog for stoner?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by GanjFarmer', Jan 4, 2013.

1. If you have a decently sized backyard then excersise for the boxer shouldn't be a problem. But if you mean lazy dog then bulldog is a good choice

2. I have a German Shepard and a Beagle...Both very active dogs but also will laze around and watch TV with me or watch me play Halo.

3. Like others have said.. Boxers. Ive had dogs all my life but a boxer the last 5 years. Amazing dog

They can be hyper or really mellow. They love attention and walks lol i cant even say the word walk without my dog bugging out. They also love kids. My 3 year old cousi was here over the summer, my dog was her personal protector lol

4. Boxer. Definitely. This is my 4 year old female guarding me while I smoke outside :)

Attached Files:

5. this dude ^ knows whats up

6. ^ yeah she does lol

7. Whatever you do... dont get a godamned beagle.

my neighbors dog will not shut the fuck up.
    they have the most annoying bark.

Labadors,collies are great dogs.

8. scooby doo or a beagle named snoopy

9. Pit bull. You will have to literally walk the energy & crap out of it, but they really are great dogs that will lick your face off.

10. A Greyhound/Lurcher/Galgo/Italian Greyhound.

Each one is essentially a racing dog. They require little to no exercise. When I take my dogs for "walkies" the Lurcher I've got looks at me as if to say "you go, once you get back you can tell me all about it". Straight up!

They are meant for speed, that means a quick run around the garden and they are happy and ready for sleeping.

A Collie has been mentioned, be careful it's not a working Collie or they can require some serious exercise. But a "companion" Collie would do the trick, you know, the half breeds you see knocking about with the old grandpa style blokes.

11. Boston Terrier. They are lazy, love people, and love to please you, mine has the best personality he's the shit. He is 4 and is still playful, he goes to his toy box and digs around for the toy he wants and loves to play tug-a-war and fetch. After a few long fetches he's burnt out and just wants to chill.

12. I'll 2nd that. My APBT just had her 7th BD today. In 7 years she has never bitten anyone, but there was 1 time she snapped my mom and dad's chi-wa-wa (can't spell it right, and don't want to look it up) over a food spat that was really entirely my fault.

She bit thru the little dog's nose, broke a blood vessel, but the chi-wa-wa recovered just fine and they were still buds.

I like a locked door to be my first line of defense at protecting our home, the APBT for a secondary resource and the hardware for 3rd.

My dog warms up to everybody, but it is on her terms. If a person totally ignores her when they come over, no calling her name, not looking at her for to long, she starts wondering what the heck is wrong with me and usually will be in their lap within 10 minutes wanting a bunch of lovin'.

13. Get a Beagle or a Basset Hound.
    My Beagle is about the size of a basset-hound cause of how fat he is ironically, but he chills harder than I do!!

14. beagles that i've been around are fucking HYPER and that annoying bark makes me want to punt them.

But yea i'd actually say golden retriever. Labs are energetic gogs and so are pitbulls. I don't know a whole lot about goldens but the 2 i've been aroudn were very chill dogs. Hate hyper, jumping all over the damn place, dogs.

15. honestly if your too lazy to walk your dog twice a day then you shouldn't own one

16. I would recommend a small breed dog. Most medium-large breeds need a lot of exercise. Their life would be very boring with a lazy person and it wouldn't be fair. They need walks, places to run, fetch and more importantly, training.

17. Labs go for a lab not to big usually.. They respond to their owners well IMO. My dog will lay and sleep with ya, you get a ball he'll play. Their also very friendly and at the same time protective. And good for bird hunting. Lol.

18. If you have the room to let them run, a Lab is a great companion and are very smart...

19. I have a Collie ( and for those of you who don't know think Lassie) but my dog is no Lassie. Not into saving people. They are high energy dogs that need excersize and want to play. But most of all, they want to be around you. They are bred to heard animals but they heard their people too. Basically they just want to do whatever you want to do and just hang out. They will love you and protect til the end.

20. Make sure you adopt!! Don't know if mentioned, but it's important nowadays. The puppy you adopt may have been the next up on the euthanasia line. Too many dogs now a days, with strays, the mills - it's fucked.

ADOPT!

...and labs/border collies sound like the right dog.