Good books for stoners?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by LulzMaximus, Mar 18, 2012.

1. When I toke, one of my favorite activities is reading a good book. What are some good books for stoners? Books that have main characters who smoke a lot, or something like that. Or like trippy books, psychedelics and such.

2. [quote name='"LulzMaximus"']When I toke, one of my favorite activities is reading a good book. What are some good books for stoners? Books that have main characters who smoke a lot, or something like that. Or like trippy books, psychedelics and such.[/quote]

2001 a space odyssey. not necessarily trippy but it'll blow your mind. the phantom tollboth, I don't really remember it but I'm pretty sure its trippy as hell lol

3. comic books

they have pictures

4. Green eggs and ham

5. Art Of Peace...
    BG's Book on Wordly Wisdom

6. a book of matches in case you lose your lighter.

7. Fear and loathing was a fucking great book to read stoned. I also liked world war z but I love zombie things

8. Brave new world

9. The Ninja Handbook, It's awesome for stoners and it has activities in it.

10. World War Z will trip you the fuck out bro.

11. Last book I read was The Visible Man by Chuck Klosterman.
    My favorite line from that book is, "Vicky, what the fuck?! This isn't the 1950's and I'm not black. I'm not the Invisible Man!" LOL

But yeah, check out Torsten Kroll. Callisto and the Dolphin People were good reads, very Coen Brothers-esque especially Callisto. I can't wait for it to turn into a movie.

Also; check out Cannabis: Philosophy for Everyone by Dale Jacquette.

Nice to see a blade who likes to read as much as I do. :wave:

12. I'm reading the 2nd book in the hunger games series, Catching Fire, right now. It's pretty sweet.

13. tom sawyer ?

14. Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
    Bret Easton Ellis books (Less Than Zero, Lunar Park, American Psycho)
    Alice In Wonderland
    Lord Of The Rings

Stephen King's IT (not about drugs/stoners but one of my favorite books lol)

15. One flew over the Cookoo's nest. I HIGHLY reccomend it.

16. My favorite book is "great expectations", not a "trippy" book by any means but it's incredibly detailed and really just one of the best books I have ever read, I would recommend it to anyone.

And huckleberry Finn...

17. Music Books for those of us tokers that are of the musician type and anyone who wants to learn.

18. oh also, you should get really blazed and read upton sinclair's The Jungle. that shit will disturb you to your core.

19. just want to subscribe to this thread. i watched the series on Travel Channel called Hidden City, and that turned me on to Marcus Sakey. not necessarily 'stoner' books but i bulldozed through 'The Amateurs' and 'The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes' very good reads