Gonna try a bit of a novelty grow, please answer some questions and give me tips?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by heyitskermit, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Like i said i was to grow 1 plant, yes i know i may get a male and i may not even get a yield.Now i live in maryland and it is starting to cool down a bit (not 90 degrees everyday anymore). if i plant 1 germinated seed, how big will it get before the cold kills it? would it have a chance at flowering? Like i said im just doing this for fun and not seriously.
    Do helicopters really fly over places in search of weed plants? and if so ive never seen one in my area.
    Thanks

2. i wouldnt bother man, the general rule of thumb is to have the plants germed and in the grond by mid july. plants need at least a good 4-5 weeks to veg and at least twice that to flower, so with you bein in the northern climate it will get too cold too soon. if you want to grow and dont have the option to grow indoors just save up some good seeds to start it next season

3. thanks for the info, im gonna do it anyways lol. but ill plan a more serious grow for next year soon..:hello:

4. You'll probably just find out the sex of it by the time first frost hits.

5. Damn, that sucks to hear. I was about to start my first grow too but I figured it would be too late. Oh well.

6. you north like canada or north like northern cali...