Gonna take 90 mgs of adderall XR

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Litox, Feb 14, 2009.

1. hahah are you kidding me? they are some of the most addictive drugs, super addictive. some people can use em in moderation, especially at first, but a lot of people lose control and the speed uses them.

2. hahaha yea man thats the bad part about addy but make sure you drink A LOT of water and that will help minimize the "come-down". i always got a headache when it wore off but realized that was cause i was dehydrated

hit up a starbucks and get a coffee w/ double espresso haha thats what i get for a boost

3. If you aren't popping them every day, and you aren't taking constant high doses then you really don't have shit to worry about.

Even when it comes to pain killers, you need to do that shit every day for about two weeks if you want to get any serious habit.

4. there is no disputing they are highly addictive. some people can be responsible but ask anyone who's been addicted, it sneaks up on you and consumes your life (ive been there). you think you're in control and it controls you. maybe YOU can control it, for now, shit maybe you can continue to control it, but i cant and most people i know would agree. its like pringles, once you pop you just cant stop. when youre sitting there at 9am, still havent slept, have to go to work in 2 hours and you feel worthless and you know you can "fix" it by dropping some more, yeah its hard to stop...

5. If you can't stop after using it once or twice, maybe you just have an addictive personality? If you ever think that drugs are a way to "fix" problems, you're setting yourself up for a world of hurt.

I never said that they weren't addicting at all, just not super addictive like crack or smoking meth. Addiction doesn't just sneak up on you either, you need to realize when you're getting there though.

6. im not gonna argue with someone who hasnt been addicted to amphetamines and obviously no one gets addcited after 1 or 2 times, addiction is a process but a lot of the time it does sneak up on you. you wake up one morning and realize, fuck i cant even get out of bed without a pill. i used it legit for adhd and slowly became addicted after 6 months and didnt even realize it until after. sure crack and meth are more addictive but those are 2 of the most addictive drugs in the world. ive never done crack or meth (thank god) but i lost more than 2 years of my life addicted to adhd drugs and it completely consumed me, especially mentally and it happened to several of my friends around the same time. i feel like youre trying to downplay how addictive these things are, they are VERY addictive thats why they are in the same schedule as meth and cocaine (schedule ii). people underestimate it.

7. All I'm saying is that if you actually stop to take a look at how the drug is effecting your life and why you use it, you can usually catch yourself before it gets to the point of addiction. I've been to the point where I will start to get addicted and get minor withdrawls, but I never let it get past that because I know that I need to do something before it gets worse. No one can force those pills in your mouth, and if you really want to quit you will make yourself.

If you do drugs and think that you won't get addicted, thats usually when it happens.

8. i agree that they have the potential to be VERY addictive but i have to side with KeinMitleid..

i have an Rx for 30mg addy xr and i only take it when i 3-4 days a week even tho my Rx says to take it daily. i only take it MWF for when i have classes and the gym and SOMETIMES sunday if i have a paper/exam/presentation to work on....now would i wanna take one daily? yes but that would do many things; it would become less effective, i would think i need it to feel "right" and i dont want that which is why i dont want to take it daily

i also have an Rx for klonopin 1mg 2x a day.... now i NEVER take that much... that stuff can be a mirical or a enemy which is why i only take .25-.5mg in a day only 3-4 days a week

now i know the next morning after you had addy, it can be hard to wake up but coffee and/or espresso does the trick (like that shrink's step-daughter said in The Wackness... awesome movie btw)

9. This will probably be the last update to this thread. I was fine at work (Obviously tired but still workable) and i just got home like 10 minutes ago, i climbed into my bed and felt tiredness overcome me. Well overall adderall was a good experience and i woud recomend it to anyone (The comedown was really not that bad for me) who is looking to improve themselves at something. Like everything (Besides weed:smoke:) it needs to be kept in moderation. And despite what most people said 90mgs was not hellish or horrible at all it was extremley euphoric and made me feel like i could do anything extremley profficiently.