GoldGrowers Gaff

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Sep 18, 2015.

1. The soil bed plants have now been on 12/12 for 9 weeks. None of them are ready for harvest yet

[​IMG]

Double black
    [​IMG]

Skywalker kush
    [​IMG]

Black cream
    [​IMG]

Pineapple express
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. The 5 autos under the Mars II Pro Epistar 320 are now 9 weeks old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  3. That Black Cream looks just beautiful. I saw a pic in the recent Vault giveaway and am thinking of adding them to my next seed order. You'll have to tell me how they come out (unless, of course, you've grown them before and already know).

• Like Like x 2
  4. I've grown blackberry kush before and I believe it has a close lineage, and that was one of the nicest bud I have ever smoked. It tasted amazing. This black cream smells very similar. It's a shame it's had a bit of a hard life, it was kicked out for being too tall, and I was just lucky there was room in the soil bed tent for it to go. I have forgotten to water it a couple of times because it's at the back and the pot dries out faster than the soil bed. It's fighting back though lol

• Like Like x 3
  5. I love the Black Cream, its color looks so great. the other plants are also great!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hey Gold, everything looks beautiful my man! I've cut all but one of my Skywalker OG and I must say I'm super pleased! I'm also considering doing a DWC grow real soon. Did you make your own? How many sites are you going to run in that 70liter reservoir? Net pot size? I need all the info, lol! And if you have some pics of the project I'd lov e to learn a thing or two! Anyways, great job brother and I can't wait to see how your girls look all jarred up! Ohh yeah, I grabbed up 12 of those humidity meters and I am curing very similar to how you described a while back, works fantastic! Thanks for the help and inspiration!

"...Aim for the moon...even if ya miss you'll still hit the stars..."

My 1st indoor grow - Skywalker OG Kush 5x5 ScrOG
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1422110/

• Like Like x 2
  7. #1887 GoldGrower, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Thanks man. Yeah I made my own, I use RUBs. I find the black ones are perfect for reservoirs, although they aren't cheap so not for everyone.

RUBs can be bought from here...
    Really Useful Products Ltd - Select country
    Select country

I love the low profile 70 litre reservoirs because they are a great size and shape for my 2.5' x 4' tents and they take up very little height
    [​IMG]

But any light proof container with a lid should work if it's big enough
    I prefer to use 3" pots because there's no, or at least very little risk of drowning the little tap root when starting off, even when you have the waterline right up high on the net pot
    [​IMG]

When I made mine I put 6 pots in there but found 6 is probably too many unless you want to flower very early. 2 or 4 is probably better. But I have another lid with just one pot and that's great for doing a big ScrOG
    [​IMG]

I use one of these hole cutters / hole saws. They're cheap and completely adjustable
    [​IMG]

This is when I did single plant ScrOG..
    [​IMG]

As for the air pumps, I like these, they're cheap, quiet and pump a lot of air
    [​IMG]

I hang them from bungie cords to keep the vibration noise down. They have 4 outlets, each one pushing 2.5 litres of air per minute. So 10 L/m per pump.
    [​IMG]

Each outlet has one of these budget 2" stone balls.
    [​IMG]

I have done a few runs with just two pumps and didn't get problems but prefer to have 3 or even 4 of them. I like to have about 1 L/m for every 2 litres of nutrient solution.

My favourite nutrient is Growth Technology's Ionic grow and Ionic bloom. I have had such great results with this stuff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ummm I think that's it. There's clay balls in my net pots but that's pretty standard I guess. I'm really looking forward to starting up a DWC again. It's so much easier than soil. The only issue I have is the noise...

If anyone is interested, this is how I start my seeds in hydro...

I start off with some kitchen paper towels, spray bottle with warm tap water, some grip seal bags, and bull dog clips.... And the seeds of course
    [​IMG]

First I fold the towels over so they're several layers thick, give them a spray of water until it has soaked through to the other side and then line up the seeds like this. There are 5 seed in this one
    [​IMG]

I fold it over so it fits in the bag, and then roll down the top and use a bulldog clip to hold the bag and paper towels. I also numbered the seeds
    [​IMG]

I hang them up in one of my tents where they are about 25°C and nice and light but not under the light, off to the side somewhat
    [​IMG]

They are hung up so the tap root grows straight down and they are kept in the light so they start photosynthesising straight away. Holding it up to the light can show you how far along they are
    [​IMG]

After a few days they look like this
    [​IMG]

I use something like a dowel, screwdriver, or in this case a turkey baster to drive a chanel in the clay balls.
    [​IMG]

Then slip the plantlet in to the hole and arrange the clay balls to support it.
    The plantlet should right itself within a few hours
    [​IMG]

I like to have the waterline about halfway up the net pot. But if your pots are very big you should have the waterline much lower as you can drown the little plantlet

In a couple of days if everything is going well you should get the tap root out of the bottom
    [​IMG]

I use empty water (my tap water is 50ppm) for the first 4 days and if everything is going well I raise the ppm to 200 then a week after I raise it to 300. After that I use this system to match the reservoir's ppm to what the plants are taking up. Click here http://forum.grasscity.com/hydropon...-your-plants-preferred-nutrient-strength.html for a further explanation

I love hydro, they grow so fast and it's so much easier to give the plants the correct concentration of nutrients and you can water them whenever you want compared to when the soil demands it

It doesn't take long before your roots look like this
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  8. The Pineapple Express #2 looks like it's ready for harvesting. Hopefully I'll have time to harvest it tomorrow afternoon
    It's been on 12/12 for 9 weeks and 1 day (64 days)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the others are going to take a while yet

Black cream
    [​IMG]

Double black
    [​IMG]

Cherry bomb
    [​IMG]

Skywalker kush
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I would guess at about 5oz, or just under.
    It's in 75 litres (20 US gallons) of soil. Shared with the other plants

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  10. That's not far from the size of my tents and I have 5 autos in one of them so yeah sure, 3 will be fine. What size pots will you be using?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Congratulations:weed:

• Like Like x 2

12. I wanna see like a coke can or something nex to these they r f in huge them buds look saweeeeeeeeeet.

• Like Like x 1

13. Thanks for the reminder here. As always ya growin skillz is Top of the Chart. Saweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was thinking I would do (3) 5 gallon smart pots again. 3 gal would fit better but I made 5 gal work on the last grow. If I went up to 7 gal I would only do 2 of them. I just like the thought of trying 3 different strains of autos so I have an assortment. I'm assuming smart pots would be ok

check out my first grow/journal https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1423342/

• Like Like x 1
  15. So GOLD or anyone listening...
    My new set up will run 4 or 5 600w HPS . My extraction is rated at 720m3 but as I expect it will be hot I'll not sure how big an intake I'll need. This is assuming I'll be needing some fresh air especially as it warms up.
    What you guys think..
    Also grow room not tent will measure 4m x 2.5m.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Yeah 3x 5 gallons should work nicely. My 5 autos are in 10 litre pots (2.6 US gallons) to keep them small. In 5 gallon pots they should fill the space out very well

17. I would have guessed that you would need a bigger exhaust fan, because in one of my tents I have a single air cooled 600w HPS and have a 5" (225 m3) exhausting the hood, and a 4" (175 m3) extracting the tent.

If you have 4 lights, you might need a bigger fan. Are they air cooled hoods or open hoods?

I would have an intake fan too because without one I think it will slow the air flow down