Golden yellow spots, deficiency?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mitsos4, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Hi Peeps,
    First time grower in need of some advice. I'm roughly 2-3 weeks into flowering with my auto zskittles and I have gold spots on some of the leaves. Mainly towards the bottom of the plant but some lighter spots on the leaves near the bud sites are appearing. It's minimal but I know things can change fast. I switched from vedging nutrients to flowering nutrients roughly 2 weeks ago. I thought this may solve the issue. But no luck. I've added extra Cal Mag to my nutrient feeding schedule as I thought this may be the problem but I'm worried I may be adding to many nutrients. My PH is 5.8 / PPM is 1110 in a hydro setup. I've attached a few pictures of the leaf. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. try increasing your pH... maybe try 6.2?
    too much potassium can mess with calcium...
    and that 1110 ppm is about twice what i run at.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Looks like bugs to me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. it could be... the leaf's back might show some of those critters...

• Like Like x 2
  5. there is a fungal ,that causes yellow spots it may be that called Leaf Septoria caused by a bacteria ,,if you can google leaf Septoria ,,you will find to treat it ,..mac .

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't think it's bugs but I will check with my usb microscope to make sure....the PH has come down from about 6.2 two weeks ago to 5.7/8 since I have changed to flowering nutrients so it may be the issue. I always thought as you go from vedging stage to flowering the PH lowers. Will look into leaf septoria also thanks guys much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just a follow up. In the end it's not bugs even though it looked like it....I switched to advanced nutrients bloom and dropped the ppm to about 750 and the PH at 6 added some rock resonator, bud candy and laid of the calmag for the last 2 weeks and she is doing way better. I was using a 2 part nutrient mix for the flowering stage but I don't think its suited this zskittles auto flower grow although it worked well for my previous photoperiod I grew. Thanks everyone for your help

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1