Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to try to quit weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jeffersong808, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I am a major stoner and i need to quit for the army.

I will update my sober journey in this thread (I dont think ill make it, I might pick up a bag tomorrow >.<)

Anyways, what are some tips that helped you guys quit ? ^____________^
    btw, is it easy to stay sober? :)

THanks in advance :D

2. well if you use weed to numb feelings of self doubt or shame or anything negative, you might have developed a
    psycological addiction. if you smoke it just for fun quitting won't be as hard

3. Chew gum , caffeine , and food , enjoy things sober for once , i dont smoke everyday or every week for that matter , when you get to a certain point in your life you realize (or not) That getting high isnt everything or that you cant go on with out it . when i smoke now i fucking enjoy it ! I get so high off so little . I dont sit and ponder where am i going get my next bag . Is smoking pot fun and safe ? yes . Are there more things in the world or in life that replace that feeling ? fucking millions of them !

4. Dont doubt yourself, just think how did I live my life before I burned the herb and how normal everything was. Take 3 days off and watch your favorite tv episodes and eat good, you'll see that your not missing out on much

5. For me quitting is fucking easy UNLESS i have direct access to it. example: i have an exam in two days and some weed in my room as opposed to i have no exam no nothing but i have no weed/dealers unavailable/bong is out of use for whatever reason. If you have no bud in your house it shouldnt be problem until you go get some.

6. yeah man at first i just smoked weed for fun but then i started smoking it to numb my feelings and quiting was way harder but now im 2 months clean way better to have your problems sorted out than to have problems and smoke weed because even when you smoke you know the weeds not magically going to get rid of your problems and there still gonna be there when your sober so now when i do smoke which will be in 3 more months ill only be doing it like 3 times a week or even only twice a week but n ever in a row. and doing meditation everyday and working through my issues and i should be fully rehabilitated and ill enjoy smoking again

7. [​IMG]

8. An Abstinence Syndrome Following Chronic Administration of Delta-9-terahydrocannabinol in Rhesus Monkeys. (abst – 1980) An abstinence syndrome following c... [Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1980] - PubMed - NCBI

A 12-step Treatment Approach for Marijuana (Cannabis) Dependence. (abst – 1989)
    A 12-step Treatment Approach for Marijuana (Cannabis) Dependence. - Medical Journals - Healia

Psychotropic Analgesic Nitrous Oxide Prevents Craving After Withdrawal for Alcohol, Cannabis and Tobacco. (abst – 1994) Psychotropic analgesic nitrous oxide prevents... [Int J Neurosci. 1994] - PubMed - NCBI

Tobacco and Cannabis Smoking Cessation Can Lead to Intoxication with Clozapine or Olanzapine. (abst – 2002)
    Tobacco and Cannabis Smoking Cessation Can Lead to Intoxication with Clozapine or Olanzapine. - Medical Journals - Healia

The Time Course and Significance of Cannabis Withdrawal. (abst – 2003) The Time Course and Significance of Cannabis Withdrawal. - Medical Journals - Healia

Strategies for quitting among non-treatment-seeking marijuana smokers. (abst – 2005)
    Strategies for quitting among non-treatm... [Am J Addict. 2005 Jan-Feb] - PubMed - NCBI

For pot users, visual and audible cues set off cravings (news – 2009)
    For pot users, visual and audible cues set off cravings | Ars Technica

How To Cleanse the Body From THC (news – 2010)
    How To Cleanse The Body From Thc | LIVESTRONG.COM

Aerobic Exercise Training Reduces Cannabis Craving and Use in Non-Treatment Seeking Cannabis-Dependent Adults (full – 2011) Aerobic Exercise Training Reduces Cannabis Craving and Use in Non-Treatment Seeking Cannabis-Dependent Adults

Exercise can reduce cannabis use in persons who don't want to stop (news – 2011)
    Exercise can reduce cannabis use in persons who don't want to stop

A Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Trial of N-Acetylcysteine in Cannabis-Dependent Adolescents. (abst – 2012) A double-blind randomized controlled trial o... [Am J Psychiatry. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Supplement Helps Teens Kick Pot Habit (news – 2012)
    Medical News: Supplement Helps Teens Kick Pot Habit - in Psychiatry, Addictions from MedPage Today

Good Luck!