Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to try marijuana to help me sleep.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by strong45side, Jul 20, 2011.

1. I have have sleep issues my whole life, and have been to doctors and prescribed everything from over the counter stuff to expensive prescriptions that make me feel useless the whole next day, and just don't seem safe.

Over the years I became dependent on over the counter stuff like advil PM, things like that. Never liked doing that either, just seemed like a weaker version of the prescription stuff I wasnt comfortable taking all the time. So I quit the pills all together.

Then moved on to alcohol, which worked almost better than anything for me to get me knocked out fast so I could function the next day. However doing that nightly and never going into deep rem cycles I needed was bad in the long run to.

So comes to my final try, weed. I have smoked weed 2 times in my life with friends at parties and enjoyed it but never got into it beyond that. Recently watching some documentaries got me researching into weed for medical reasons rather than just to have fun.

I was curious what ones sleep cycles are like when smoking weed before bed. Everyone tells me it helps them fall asleep fast and they feel good the next morning. For me it wouldnt be an every day thing. But for those mornings I have to be up early for work, I just cant afford laying in bed awake all night.

So today I bought a little spoon and soon as that arrives I will give it a try, and report back.

2. Yeah did you like it or what? In my opinion marijuana makes me feel less energized when i wake up but thats just me lol

3. Strong bump from 2 yrs ago

4. Be aware there are two different types, indicas and sativas. Indicas will make you sleepy and couch locked, sativas will make you awake and energized.

I also find vaping makes me even more sleepy, you should give that a try also! Everyone's different though.

Omega369 :wave:

5. if your going to use pot to sleep then make sure you get an Indica dominant strain, it wont affect your sleep cycle like alcohol does it will just help you drift off, I like a bowl of WW before bed to help knock me out it does the job perfectly

6. INDICA for sure, I love Black Berry Kush, or my medical favorite "Querkle." I recommend you smoke around an hour and a half before bed, get super high, and then lay down listening to some music and boom you'll be asleep.

I couldn't sleep until I started to smoke pot actually, I had trouble sleeping for 17 years now it's as if I can fall asleep when I want too.

7. This post was from 2011. Wherever OP is, I'm sure he figured out of marijuana worked for him or not.

8. I sure hope op found out before waiting for a reply, thats a long time to go with sleep deprivation.

9. Maybe he's still asleep.

10. OP overdosed and went into a cannabis induced coma. Best sleep of his life.

11. You better get indica.lol

12. RIP OP

Omega369 :wave:

13. He's still sleeping.

14. I smoke a bowl before bed every night, if not I'm up all night. I smoke around 12ish and pass out around 1230-1. If you get the right weed it feels like your melting into your couch

15. [quote name='"strong45side"']
    Last Activity: 08-17-2011 12:53 AM
    [/quote]

I'll be impressed if they come back!